DMN Blog: Thoughts on veterans day

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10:40 AM Thu, Dec 04, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer E-mail News tips

Wade Phillips' decision to give Terrell Owens, Greg Ellis, Marc Colombo, Flozell Adams and Zach Thomas Wednesday off has been debated over and over the last 24 hours or so.

It could be a genius move. Or not.

Prior to Wednesday the players had four of the previous five days off. They should be rested. Wednesdays and Thursdays are the biggest installation days of the week. I understand they went through the walkthrough and will get a chance to see Wednesday's practice on tape, but I'd rather have my starting left and right tackle and wide receiver working at close to full speed in a real practice.

The Cowboys haven't played the Steelers since 2004. They're not familiar with what they do defensively and it is quite extensive. If these guys are hurt - and they haven't been on the injury report - then OK, give them time off. But at least have them watch practice.

Phillips pointed out Pittsburgh rested veteran receiver Hines Ward and corner DeShea Townsend. The Steelers played Sunday against the Patriots. The Cowboys, as I mentioned, had the Friday-Sunday off as well as Tuesday.

They're all expected to practice today. Is it right? Is it wrong? There are different ways to do things and be successful. But it is odd.

There's this too - Owens missed the Wednesday practice before playing San Francisco and had a seven-catch, 213-yard game against the Niners.

Maybe it'll work.

I understand Phillips' reasoning, but if I'm the quarterback I want my receiver

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
who has debated this? those in the media because THEY want to make this an issue? again, if there role is to give the fans a voice and/or to speak for the people...they have miised the boat. none of us care!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbailey423;2460676 said:
who has debated this? those in the media because THEY want to make this an issue? again, if there role is to give the fans a voice and/or to speak for the people...they have miised the boat. none of us care!

Actually, I think a lot of us care.

This seems to be a hotly-debated topic around here.