DMN Blog: Tony Romo looks like an old man

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3:47 PM Mon, Dec 15, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Tony Romo looked stiff and sore when spotted outside the Cowboys' locker room today. Wade Phillips said he wasn't sure whether Romo's sore back would keep him from practicing Wednesday.

Romo shouldn't expect much sympathy from his good buddy/road roommate. Jason Witten has played with separated shoulder, a broken rib and a sprained ankle this season. He joked last night that Romo was doing "his Brett Favre walk" for the cameras.

Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Daudr

Reaction score
Not to nitpick, but what I recall Witten saying was that Romo called it his "Brett Favre walk."

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Hopefully this wont get bad, anyone with a hurt back knows you need alot of rest.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2497091 said:
He joked last night that Romo was doing "his Brett Favre walk" for the cameras.
Comments (1) Leave comment | E-mail entry

I'm afraid to believe this for fear of being called a shill. Can we get Werder to verify? ;)

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Daudr;2497097 said:
Not to nitpick, but what I recall Witten saying was that Romo called it his "Brett Favre walk."

Can we get some confirmation on this?

Isn't there an anonymous source at Valley Ranch that can verify who thought this up?

Daudr

Reaction score
5Countem5;2497193 said:
Can we get some confirmation on this?

Isn't there an anonymous source at Valley Ranch that can verify who thought this up?

:lmao2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
tomson75;2497179 said:
I'm afraid to believe this for fear of being called a shill. Can we get Werder to verify? ;)

SHILLER !! Shilling?

Just what in the Sam shill are you talking about?

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Dallas;2497254 said:
SHILLER !! Shilling?

Just what in the Sam shill are you talking about?

Damnit! Where is Werder when you need him? He's probably stalking Cowboy Chris as we speak....you know how vengeful he gets when someone spurns him. ;)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I saw Tony take a few late hits when he was on the groung... whats up with these ref's and Romo.

Protect EVERY QB in the leagues except for Jerry Jones's QB??

30yrheel

Reaction score
tony seems a bit fragile, but i guess he's not the biggest qb around

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
30yrheel;2497381 said:

fragile? did you watch the game he played after getting destroyed and kneed directly in the lower back??

He'll play. Rub some bengay on it, stretch it out good the day of the game and he'll be throwing around the field.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
30yrheel;2497381 said:

He took a knee in the back that would have hurt any qb and he broke a finger on his throwing hand.

I don't see him as being any more fragile than any qb, no matter his size.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
YoMick;2497363 said:
I saw Tony take a few late hits when he was on the groung... whats up with these ref's and Romo.

I noticed that too. As much as I like QBs getting hit, a couple of those forearms to the head while he was on the ground were totally unnecessary.

I don’t get into conspiracies but the way the refs called the game was totally slanted in favor of the gents.

Here something that has been perplexing the heck out of me, did our front 7 induce any holding calls this year? It seems that Ware has been getting mugged right in front of the refs and I can’t recall a single holding call.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
adbutcher;2497420 said:
I noticed that too. As much as I like QBs getting hit, a couple of those forearms to the head while he was on the ground were totally unnecessary.

I don’t get into conspiracies but the way the refs called the game was totally slanted in favor of the gents.

Here something that has been perplexing the heck out of me, did our front 7 induce any holding calls this year? It seems that Ware has been getting mugged right in front of the refs and I can’t recall a single holding call.

That last part. Yeah you got me thinking. It seems like its very seldom.

Although... I think Ware has the timing of the snap count down SO WELL... that he has gotten called offsides when it was just a perfect "holeshot/reaction time"

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
adbutcher;2497420 said:

This is something I'd like to look into. It's fairly telling that we're leading the league in sacks by a large margin, yet it is apparently so easy for opposing offensive lines to play our defense that they rarely have to hold. I noticed a few weeks ago that our defensive front line was being hit in the face constantly in one game...not a single call. No calls against Pittsburgh of the Giants, either.

Interesting...and aggravating.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
YoMick;2497363 said:

I was wondering the same thing. They were hitting him in the back on the ground. No doubt on purpose to get him out of the game. If a QB is on the ground that should be a 15 yard penalty

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2497508 said:
I was wondering the same thing. They were hitting him in the back on the ground. No doubt on purpose to get him out of the game. If a QB is on the ground that should be a 15 yard penalty

Yep. You wont see me in here blaming ref's for a game. But its happening more often where there are non-calls re: Romo

newlander

Reaction score
I have just the medicine: numerous "deep tissue" massages from JEssica throughout the week: bingo: new man..................