DMN Blog: Tony Romo needs to trust Roy Williams

ddh33

Reaction score
You can throw it to a covered receiver when you know he's not going to let something bad happen.

To lets bad things happen. From what I saw the other night, I thought it looked like Roy Williams did the same sort of thing on the first INT.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Roy Williams was wide open from the start of a redzone play at Pittsburgh, but Romo didn't see it in time. It would have been a TD. By the time he saw him, he was pressured and threw the ball left handed. Then, he laughed about it, but he wasn't laughing when we kicked a field goal. Aikman wouldn't have been laughing. I really like Romo, and I know we would be losing without him. However, I didn't like that.

Romo had plenty of time to get that ball to Williams, but his head never snapped to his left to see him. It was a bust by the Steelers, and they got away with it.

WG5516

Reaction score
LOL I certainly trust Williams on my Madden team. It's nothing better than lining up 3 wide with Witten in to block then slip him out, it's easy points. LMAO. Romo needs to get it together.

Better yet, just throw it to Crayton all day like I do. He may not be the fastest receiever but he gets it done.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
41gy#;2519335 said:
Roy Williams was wide open from the start of a redzone play at Pittsburgh, but Romo didn't see it in time. It would have been a TD. By the time he saw him, he was pressured and threw the ball left handed. Then, he laughed about it, but he wasn't laughing when we kicked a field goal. Aikman wouldn't have been laughing. I really like Romo, and I know we would be losing without him. However, I didn't like that.

Romo had plenty of time to get that ball to Williams, but his head never snapped to his left to see him. It was a bust by the Steelers, and they got away with it.

That's exactly how I saw that play.

Sometimes, it's like Williams is invisible to Tony.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Listening to Wade talk about that today made me wonder why Tony doesn't just give the guy a chance. He can't build a trust with him if he doesn't throw him the ball.

Tony just needs to realise that RW is going to make plays for him if he just throws him the ball.

To be perfectly honest if I were the QB, and obviously I'm not and am no where near good enough to be, RW would be my #1 option all the time, outside of Jason Witten.

Nothing against TO, in the least, but Roy had much better hands and I'd know that I could get a catch out of him even when my t throws aren't 100% perfect.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Idgit;2519271 said:
Crayton, actually, is the guy I'd like to see more involved. He should be good for 3-4 drive-sustaining catches/game. I'd also like to see us use some of those extra downs to go deep to Roy, TO, and Austin at least 3-4 times/game. Connecting on those big plays is what made us so tough to stop last year. We're getting killed this year b/c we can't sustain drives for whatever reason.

How true it is. For whatever reason, we are not connecting on them this year. They're there to be had, but we're just not connecting.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think it would help if Williams would start running the right routes.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
superpunk;2519390 said:
I think it would help if Williams would start running the right routes.

I know, right? Love that the fact that Roy hasn't caught many balls is somehow Romo's fault. He's not throwing him the ball becasue Roy can't get open. He has ZERO quickness. Utterly laughable that Jerry thought this guy would take over the number one WR role when Owens retired.

If he does take over as our number one, it's only because we've become as bad as the Detroit Lions.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Romo needs to work on his accuracy first, most noticably his deep ball and deep out accuracy.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I think we do need to get comfortable with him, being able to throw it to him on a 5-9 cornerback," Phillips said. "I mean, that's hard to do because you look over there and see that he's covered but he's not covered. He can go up and get it. I don't think we've come to that point. We haven't had that feel yet. But I think we will as we go along or certainly next year.

Next year is too late Wade, get him INVOLVED in the offense or get him off the field.

It is a beeping joke that Wade and Garrett cant get RW11 involved in a struggling offense. I am tired of all the excuses surrounding this team, you are suppose to be experienced professionals get it done.

If you cant develop confidence in all the routes then give the guy 4 or 5 routes that he and Romo are comfortable with and sub him in and out with Crayton and Austin. Do something instead of talking about next year.