WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Romo threw today with no splint

12:49 PM Wed, Nov 19, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Brian Davis E-mail News tips

All those looking for positive signs around Valley Ranch, here's another one.

Tony Romo said he did some light throwing on Wednesday morning without any protective splint on his previously broken right pinkie.

"I feel confident that it's definitely improving," Romo said. "We'll see. I don't know how long I've got to wear the splint. But I'd like to think that I got some of the rust off last week."

We'll see if he's wearing anything on his hand when the team has a full practice starting here in about 20 minutes.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Nexx

Reaction score
he should practice with it on if he plans on using it in the next game.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Sounds good...Obviously, the sooner he is without that splint the better...Still, I wonder how soon he'll have the control to zip those deep outs with any consistency, splint or not...May still be a week or two away before that happens perhaps

hendog

Reaction score
I would wear the splint in practice as long as there's a chance he could hit it on a helmet.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Agreed. I think he should be wearing it in practice if he is going to be wearing it at the game. You play like you practice.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
hendog;2429982 said:
I would wear the splint in practice as long as there's a chance he could hit it on a helmet.

No chance.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
pgreptom;2430058 said:
Uhhh..

You're joking, right?
No. You think they are going to allow hits on him?

FCBarca

Reaction score
dmq;2430062 said:

lol, yeah...I don't think anyone will get close enough to even get a sniff of Jessica's perfume on him

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
hendog;2429982 said:

they got Tommy Jones and Co... standing in a circle around Romo at the line of scrimmage ..............he aint getting as much as breathed on in practice

joseephuss

Reaction score
dmq;2430062 said:

You don't have to hit him. He can hit his hand on on one of his fellow offensive players helmets while throwing or maybe get it bent while handing off. There is always a chance he could re-injure the pinky in practice without a defender being anywhere near him.

It is good to practice a little without the splint to determine how well he is healing and how it affects his game. He should also spend time wearing different configurations of splints to see which one seems the most effective.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't imagine they're letting the pass rush get too close to him, at all. I'm sure there are plenty of precautions in place to ensure that he doesn't have anyone banging around near his hand or any other part of his body.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I thought he tried to wear a glove one time but Parcells made him take it off. Haven't heard anything about him trying it since.

joseephuss

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2430264 said:
I thought he tried to wear a glove one time but Parcells made him take it off. Haven't heard anything about him trying it since.

He were gloves last year in the season finale against the Commanders.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FCBarca;2429973 said:
Still, I wonder how soon he'll have the control to zip those deep outs with any consistency, splint or not...May still be a week or two away before that happens perhaps
I don't think we will see much difference between the SF and SEA game. But the PIT game will be different. He should be 100% by then (if not sooner) I'd think.