DMN Blog: Wade makes promise on Romo

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wade makes promise on Romo

During his conference call with the New England media, Cowboys coach Wade Phillips was asked about QB Tony Romo's five-interception effort against Buffalo.

Phillips' response? The coach said Romo would never throw more than two picks in a game again.

"I think he learned from it, too, and I don’t think he meant to do those things," said Phillips. "I don’t think there’s going to be a problem with him throwing five interceptions a game. I’ll be surprised if it ever happens again, or if he ever throws two in a game. Yeah, minus five in the turnover battle, I don’t think anybody has ever won except us."

Maybe, there's shrouded message to the QB in there? Or maybe this wasn't the week to say it -- in their last two games, the Patriots defense has recorded five interceptions.

Posted by Albert Breer at 3:04 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (3)

Romo thanks T.O.

More conference call fodder: QB Tony Romo thanked Terrell Owens in talking to the New England press today for picking him up after the fumbled snap in Seattle during last year's playoffs.

"He was great," said Romo. "The first week or two afterwards it was difficult, and then he continued to call and stay upbeat and say he’s got my back, and I knew that. He’s a great teammate, really, contrary to what everyone says. We’re just having fun now. We’re winning some games."

Posted by Albert Breer at 3:17 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1699576 said:
Maybe, there's shrouded message to the QB in there?

:rolleyes: Guess this guy is trying to fabricate that Wade will bench Romo if he throws 2 interceptions again .....

typical mediot ..... if there is no story ..... make one up.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Breer? What happended to Tim McMahon as the DMN beat writer? Is he still around? Did I miss something?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
zrinkill;1699595 said:
:rolleyes: Guess this guy is trying to fabricate that Wade will bench Romo if he throws 2 interceptions again .....

typical mediot ..... if there is no story ..... make one up.

It was that idiot reporter on the sideline. Oh NOSE Brad put on his helmet. That means Romos coming out OR Brad will be riding a motorcycle. Since hes on the football field clearly hes going to replace Romo. BRILLIANT.

Report it, quick!

Idiot.

JerryFan

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1699576 said:
Romo thanks T.O.

More conference call fodder: QB Tony Romo thanked Terrell Owens in talking to the New England press today for picking him up after the fumbled snap in Seattle during last year's playoffs.

"He was great," said Romo. "The first week or two afterwards it was difficult, and then he continued to call and stay upbeat and say he’s got my back, and I knew that. He’s a great teammate, really, contrary to what everyone says. We’re just having fun now. We’re winning some games."

Posted by Albert Breer at 3:17 PM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

<sarcasim>Who made this up? This just must be part of TO's plan to dismantle the Cowboys. </sarcasim>

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
This guy might just be a bigger moron then McMahon.

joseephuss

Reaction score
There is a slight difference between the defense forcing interceptions and the QB throwing interceptions. There is some overlap, but they can also be separate.

I thought the Bills did some good things, but I would say on 4 of 5 of those INTs were mostly on Romo. New England has a good defense and can make plays on the ball, but here is hoping Romo doesn't make it easy on them or any other teams he faces this season. Romo even made it easy on the defense on the fumble as well. He did not tuck the ball away.