DMN Blog: Wade Phillips sees double

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Wade Phillips sees double
10:25 AM Tue, Sep 22, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

As head coach, Wade Phillips must constantly assess every aspect of this team. So here's the question:

How does Phillips assess the performance of defensive coordinator Wade Phillips in the loss to the New York Giants.

"I feel bad,'' Phillips said. "I lost twice, once as a head coach and once as a coordinator.''

Multiplying losses by two can be tough. But maybe Phillips can take consolation in this: two times zero is still zero. Zero, as in the number of sacks and turnovers the Cowboys have produced this season.

Come to think of it, that's no consolation. Never mind.

bootyhunta

Reaction score
Wade really brings it upon himself when he makes silly comments like this.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
bootyhunta;2961944 said:

im anxious to see what hostile and dc have to say in regards to wade's comments

kmd24

Reaction score
bootyhunta;2961944 said:

What do you mean? He's playing the country bumpkin to a stupid question. The guy is pretty smart, and he's the anti-Parcells when it comes to ego. He doesn't care if you think he's stupid.

Interesting that many don't recognize that he's mocking the reporter who asked the question when he answers this way.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
kmd24;2961966 said:
What do you mean? He's playing the country bumpkin to a stupid question. The guy is pretty smart, and he's the anti-Parcells when it comes to ego. He doesn't care if you think he's stupid.

Interesting that many don't recognize that he's mocking the reporter who asked the question when he answers this way.

I agree. But irony and sarcasm fail when presented to the ignorant.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyjoe;2961924 said:
"I feel bad,'' Phillips said. "I lost twice, once as a head coach and once as a coordinator.''

You should be starting with the men in the mirror!
You should be asking them to change their ways!
And no message could have been any clearer!
If you wanna make Dallas a better team,
Take a look at yourselves and then make those changes, yey!
Na na na, na na na, na na na naaaaaa...

Make that change...

bootyhunta

Reaction score
kmd24;2961966 said:
He's playing the country bumpkin

I don't think he's playing the country bumpkin (he is one, nothing wrong with that) and I don't think he's mocking the reporter... he probably honestly feels like he lost as a head coach and a co-coordinator.

It just sounds like stupid thing to say to me.

Don't believe for a second that he doesn't care what people think. If he truly didn't care, he wouldn't have taken issue with the Mr. Fix-It nickname his first season.

Big D

Reaction score
kmd24;2961966 said:

I agree with you here. Most of it flies right over most peoples heads.