DMN Blog: What film did Deon Grant watch...Walter Jones admits getting whooped

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
What film did Deon Grant watch?
8:49 PM Thu, Nov 27, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

I know it was a short week and all, but it appears that Seahawks SS Deon Grant didn't watch much film while preparing to face Tony Romo. Grant was stunned by Romo's ability to buy time to throw with his feet.

"I didn't know he was like that," Grant said. "I didn't know he could get away like that. It shocked me."

It shocks me that a strong safety on the Cowboys' schedule didn't know Romo had excellent mobility in the pocket. It's only one of the guy's best traits.

Grant apparently doesn't flip over to ESPN to watch highlights. And I guess he didn't watch the film of the Cowboys' win over San Francisco last week, when Romo eluded a pass rusher on two of the deep balls he threw to T.O.
:laugh2:

Must be some of that "third down luck."

-----

Walter Jones admits getting whupped by DeMarcus Ware
8:28 PM Thu, Nov 27, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

DeMarcus Ware rarely gets one-on-one matchups as a pass rusher. Seattle never gives eight-time Pro Bowl LT Walter Jones help.

Well, Jones needed help today. Ware leads the NFL in sacks with 15 after today's hat trick. He beat Jones on two of his three sacks.

While Ware downplayed his dominance in the matchup of perennial Pro Bowlers, Jones readily admitted that Ware whupped him.

"It's a shock," Jones said. "It's a shock. But it's the game of football. You go out there, you don't want to give up sacks and stuff. But you have to move on. You can't harp on that. You can't focus long on that situation. It happened. You can't get down."

Jake0

Reaction score
If Walter Jones can't block Ware 1 on 1, who can? You have to chip/double him....

Eskimo

Reaction score
Ware was great today but Jones has slipped some over the past 3 years.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I can't believe Grant said that.

Romo has only been avoiding the rush for say.....his entire damn career.

Oh well, good for us today!

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Eskimo;2448421 said:
Ware was great today but Jones has slipped some over the past 3 years.

He's not the blocker he used to be but it takes a man to admit that he got beat like that. I always wished that Jones had been a Cowboy. Dang Seahawks franchised him every year it seemed. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Ware is AWESOME!!!