DMN Blog: Where Was Rowdy?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
[SIZE=+2]NFL throws Dallas Cowboys' Rowdy for loss

[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Tim MacMahon's In the Know
[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]01:35 AM CST on Monday, November 24, 2008

[/SIZE]
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/columnists/mugs/mug_tmacmahon_new2.jpg

IRVING – There's a reason you didn't see Rowdy on the field very often Sunday.

The Cowboys' lovably obnoxious mascot has been placed on double-secret probation with the NFL. That darn rabble-rouser's trouble started when T.O. and Rowdy exchanged a chest bump after a touchdown in the Monday night game against the Eagles.

Some uptight NFL dudes got their britches in a bunch about prearranged celebrations involving mascots and threatened to slap the Cowboys with a five-figure fine. Jerry Jones, who had some trust issues with Rowdy during training camp, eventually decided that it'd be in the Cowboys' best interests to minimize the mascot's exposure during games.

Rowdy is supposed to be banished to the locker room after the pregame festivities, but he hung around long enough to catch the opening kickoff of Sunday's win over San Francisco. The overgrown foam fella did pop up on the stadium big screens early in the fourth quarter, but he was far, far from the action on the field, mingling with folks in the upper deck.

I know this is a massive blow to lifelong Cowboys fans, so I'll end on a positive note. Rowdy's role was first reduced for the Tampa Bay game, and the Cowboys have somehow managed to win two straight home games without his help.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
I'm Ok with this, idk dont really like Rowdy anyway. he looks creepy with that smile all the time.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
k0wb0y;2441648 said:
I'm Ok with this, idk dont really like Rowdy anyway. he looks creepy with that smile all the time.
Okay with it? I'm ecstatic. The only thing I hate worse than kickers is mascots.

Crazy Ray is one of the few exceptions.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
NO ROWDY WHHOOOOPPPPIIIEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lmao2::lmao::laugh2::):D:bounce::clap2::beer2:
:dance3::mchammer::beatit::dance::fogeys::clap:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i've always wanted rowdy strung up by the goal posts and beaten like a pinata.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
lane;2441657 said:
i've always wanted rowdy strung up by the goal posts and beaten like a pinata.
I volunteer to hit the pinata with a bat.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Can't go without a picture! :D

0317ray.jpg

notherbob

Reaction score
The guy in the Rowdy suit is actually Jerry Jones evil twin, Jethro, who from time to time kidnaps Jerry and takes his place.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Hostile;2441659 said:
I volunteer to hit the pinata with a bat.

i'm also keen of having him hang upside down on said goalposts and being gutted like a deer.

how about propelling him at halftime out of one of those cannons?

instead of landing into a net....they set up a huge concrete wall.

goliadmike

reader of rue
Reaction score
k0wb0y;2441665 said:
Crazy Ray. MEMORIES.

0317ray.jpg

When I was a kid back in the seventies our family would try to attend at least one game a year and for me Crazy Ray was always a big attraction. I loved watching him ride around on his stick horse or getting one corner of the crowd to shout "DALLAS!!!" and the other to shout "COWBOYS!!!"

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is, I've never liked or disliked him, but some people seem to have a real hatred for the mascott. wow...

kmp77

Reaction score
How about fire the @%#@$ idiot in the suit and replace him with someone with a brain.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
I, myself liked Rowdy. He looks like some type of advanced intelligent alien being.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
i would throw acid in his eyes first.

then i would spray him with a flamethrower.

i would then douse the flames right before he succumbs to his burns.

cut him off the uprights....then bury him neck deep at midfield on the star....and run him over with a bush hog.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lane;2441681 said:
with what?
http://i356.***BLOCKED***/albums/oo4/DallasEast1701/TheMatrix_DivX_311_0003.jpg
"Guns. Lots of guns."