DMN Blog: Where Was Rowdy?

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Ive never cared for Rowdy AND wasnt he introduced as the team mascot the year after out LAST playoff win? Im tellin ya, Rowdy is the Cowboys curse...:eek:

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Now the league is bullying another member of our family around and noones standing up for him. First you let pacman get abused, now Rowdy, whose next? It could be YOU.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
For those who miss Rowdy. Sorry about the large picture.
dscn0930.jpg

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I had a stuffed Rowdy figure when I was younger.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Crazy Ray restin peace. Love ya big guy. Rowdy is Jerrry's attempt to wall mart the job. There has only been one Ray and only one Tom Landry. I miss them both on Thanksgiving. they are both gone but I promise you they aren't forgotten...

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
Rowdy was up in the upper section near me at one point in the late 3rd/early 4th quarter up near sections 116.... Sorry no weaponry allowed at the game so the previous photos of guns wouldn't have helped.

Route 66

Reaction score
Ok Ok. I see the hatred for Rowdy! But let me state again that I am not the mascot Rowdy!

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
Rowdy;2442114 said:
Ok Ok. I see the hatred for Rowdy! But let me state again that I am not the mascot Rowdy!

if there was ever a time to change your name....

now is

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Hostile;2441636 said:
[SIZE=+2]NFL throws Dallas Cowboys' Rowdy for loss

[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Tim MacMahon's In the Know
[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]01:35 AM CST on Monday, November 24, 2008

[/SIZE]
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/sports/columnists/mugs/mug_tmacmahon_new2.jpg

IRVING – There's a reason you didn't see Rowdy on the field very often Sunday.

The Cowboys' lovably obnoxious mascot has been placed on double-secret probation with the NFL. That darn rabble-rouser's trouble started when T.O. and Rowdy exchanged a chest bump after a touchdown in the Monday night game against the Eagles.

Some uptight NFL dudes got their britches in a bunch about prearranged celebrations involving mascots and threatened to slap the Cowboys with a five-figure fine. Jerry Jones, who had some trust issues with Rowdy during training camp, eventually decided that it'd be in the Cowboys' best interests to minimize the mascot's exposure during games.

Rowdy is supposed to be banished to the locker room after the pregame festivities, but he hung around long enough to catch the opening kickoff of Sunday's win over San Francisco. The overgrown foam fella did pop up on the stadium big screens early in the fourth quarter, but he was far, far from the action on the field, mingling with folks in the upper deck.

I know this is a massive blow to lifelong Cowboys fans, so I'll end on a positive note. Rowdy's role was first reduced for the Tampa Bay game, and the Cowboys have somehow managed to win two straight home games without his help.

Let the winning streak commence.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Hostile;2441652 said:
Okay with it? I'm ecstatic. The only thing I hate worse than kickers is mascots.

Crazy Ray is one of the few exceptions.

Hos, ah love yew like a third cousin onced removed. you know dat.

But on this we disagree.

Crazy Ray, to me, was an embarrassment.

Over the top.
Dressed as a "Cowboy," an excess in caricature that even Roy Rogers would be ashamed of.
And prone to violence.

How much of the games over the years did we miss while the networks showcased this clown (may he rest in peace).
As he stood over his opponent mascot, kicking him, it just seemed like a celebration of violence with no redeeming humorous or artistic merit.
Crazy Ray was an absolute embarrassment.
God keep him, cause i don't want him back on sacred Cowboy turf.

Route 66

Reaction score
HighTechDave;2442137 said:
if there was ever a time to change your name....

now is

This was a nickname due to the way I play online games. :D

Route 66

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2442756 said:
How about Exhuberant? Anarchic? Excitable? Communist Aggressor?

Somehow "Exhuberant hits Krusty the Clown with a headshot" doesn't seem to fit...