WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Packers, Penalties, and Preperation

8:32 PM Fri, Sep 19, 2008 | Permalink
Kevin Burnett E-mail News tips

After playing scout team all week for the offense one thing that really jumps out is that the Packers play man every play. I had to cover Felix and Wit almost every play, which gets a bit nerve racking after about 20 plays. Chasing those two around all week can be pretty frustrating especially since the defense is set up for the defender (me) to lose.

In most cases I would say were going to have to run the ball to win but I do believe at some point we are going to have to complete some deep balls to get them out of man to man with one over the top. If we can get them to play cover 2 man then I think that will open up the box a little which would allow the running game to be more effective. I do think we will be able to run the ball, but I also think they will put extra people in the box to stop the run. So we'll have to be able to complete some passes for our offense to put up some points.

As for the penalties I don't think anyone would foul on purpose, this is why you see no recourse for penalties. We're all grown men and Yes at some point you have to take some accountability but I don't think there is anything the coaching staff can do to stop them unfortunately.

Answers to some of your questions

We do run a lot of man coverage. Every play starts with a disguise but the old saying goes "Never sacrifice a coverage for a disguise". We have a D- Line stunt or game on every play. How much more pressure do you want us to put on the QB #5 was running for his life.

Great dialog Cowboy Faithful somebody give me a break down of the Packers defense or at least some comments on what we'll have to do to put points.

Comments (0) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
our game last year was filled with penalties. I think their first 3 scores came after we commited penalties on 3rd down to continue their drives.

and they had like 150 yards in penalties.

This is a pretty even game. Penalties could be the difference.

also the packers allowed 166 yards in kick returns to miles austin last year, so Felix may go bananas again this week.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
I almost wonder if Burnett is giving away too much about the team's thought process regarding the upcoming defense? Seems like he had some pretty specific comments about what they expected from the Eagle's D last week, and now what they expect from the Packer's D.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Either the players or the scheme is responsible for the number of penalties. I think the idea that there's nothing the coaches can do so cut down on the miscues is preposterous.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Sounds as if Felix Jones will be apart of the gameplan this week. If GB stays in man to man, Felix on the outside with a LB could be interesting?

sago1

Reaction score
We have to assume that Garrett has not shown his whole hand this early in the season on how we plan to use Felix, Austin, etc. Same holds true of course for the Packers. Will be a great game but I sure hope we blow them out early; just can't take another back to back dramatic game like we saw against the Eagles. Geez.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
tunahelper;2272061 said:
Sounds as if Felix Jones will be apart of the gameplan this week. If GB stays in man to man, Felix on the outside with a LB could be interesting?

That's what struck me as I read this, Burnett seemed to be indicating Felix will be playing quite a bit. Not really a suprise given that Cricket will be out. A lot of accounts have that the Packers have been blitzing Hawk a lot this year and they'll bring him to pressure Romo. Felix could be the planned counter for that on draw plays and screens.

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score
you also gotta remember that burnett is second team (kind of) so is felix (kind of) so that doesnt mean felix is gonna be on the field that much

Dwight

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2271821 said:
Packers, Penalties, and Preperation

8:32 PM Fri, Sep 19, 2008 | Permalink
Kevin Burnett E-mail News tips

As for the penalties I don't think anyone would foul on purpose, this is why you see no recourse for penalties. We're all grown men and Yes at some point you have to take some accountability but I don't think there is anything the coaching staff can do to stop them unfortunately.

Comments (0) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

I have a problem with what he said about the penalties. That really concerns me.

lostinomiya

Reaction score
the attitude that they cannot do anything about penalties...that is fairly defeatist and casuistic (big word - check the dictionary). It is not as if they are destined and unavoidable...