DMN Burnett Blog: State of the Cowboys

cowboyed

Reaction score
jobberone;2415888 said:
It's the same ones. The Vocal Pedantic Ridiculers or ViPeRs. Always complaining vociferously and vicariously vexing vocally their various and vicious complaints of their victims; verily I say.

It is all volcanic pontificating from fans that venerate Vicodin. That's my vainglorious verdict.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
cowboyed;2415979 said:
It is all volcanic pontificating from fans that venerate Vicodin. That's my vainglorious verdict.

Keep your daytime job and leave the venerable yet vain verbosity to me.

superpunk

Reaction score
I really liked reading what Burnett had to say. Determined, accountable, what more can you ask? He wants to win. Sounds good to me.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
187beatdown;2415405 said:
What a shame.

Who knew millions of dollars was such a burden?

I know. Getting paid millions to play a GAME, and be famous. Poor guys. I don't know how they cope.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2415681 said:
The guy is being honest and is ridiculed for it?

No, he's being ridiculed for his soft play. His words are worthless.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
superpunk;2416005 said:
I really liked reading what Burnett had to say. Determined, accountable, what more can you ask? He wants to win. Sounds good to me.

That's funny, because I've heard him talk this same smack on more than one occasion, only to see the defense roll over and die on the field that week.

F his words, there are only actions. If he and the rest of the defense play well, then I'll start to listen.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2415677 said:
I really don't know why any of these guys talk to the media or have blogs. When the team is losing, fans will gripe no matter what they say.

yup, the fans(for the most part) and media here deserve bill parcells telling them they are all idiots.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2416198 said:
No, he's being ridiculed for his soft play. His words are worthless.

No he is being ridiculed for what he said none of these stupid post says anything about his play they whine and moan about what he said in the blog. At one time I thought Cowboy fans where the class of the NFL well this board has proven otherwise. We have whinny ars knee jerk fans and most comments are so agenda laden and over the top extremist views

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
What I find interesting is the fact that the Cowboys *should* be better with a lot of players coming back, but none of them seem to think so. They believe everything is still crashing down around them.

Considering their seeing this from the inside, that doesn't bode well for us as fans.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
MONT17;2415891 said:
Can we trade Burnett to the Dolphins, now? Maybe we can get a 6th round pick out of Bill!

He'd make a player out of Kevin. Not going to happen with Phillips, he just kisses them and tucks them in. But hey, the players like him. I guess that's some thing.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
superpunk;2416005 said:

Agreed. Football is a cruel mistress, hopefully this week we can win and come out relatively healthy.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2416285 said:
No he is being ridiculed for what he said none of these stupid post says anything about his play they whine and moan about what he said in the blog. At one time I thought Cowboy fans where the class of the NFL well this board has proven otherwise. We have whinny ars knee jerk fans and most comments are so agenda laden and over the top extremist views

Did you just join this internet thing yesterday? Cowboys fans are no different than any other fans (well, maybe not as rude as Philly fans, but whatever).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RoadRunner;2416349 said:
Did you just join this internet thing yesterday? Cowboys fans are no different than any other fans (well, maybe not as rude as Philly fans, but whatever).

No did not join yesterday and you are right no different.

superpunk

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2416203 said:
That's funny, because I've heard him talk this same smack on more than one occasion, only to see the defense roll over and die on the field that week.

F his words, there are only actions. If he and the rest of the defense play well, then I'll start to listen.
Oh, I was under the impression that we were discussing what he said in his blog, not his play up to this point this year or the play of the defense as a whole. My bad.

cowboyed

Reaction score
jobberone;2416002 said:
Keep your daytime job and leave the venerable yet vain verbosity to me.

What a vacuous and vacillating valley pocket gopher! I didn't mean to get

on your vagus nerve. I prescribe Valium as long as you don't vamp up and

become Vanessa Williams. How a bout a peace offering of some vanilla ice cream and vericose vein vanishing cream? :bow: Sorry, jobberone but you got me going on your v word theme, lol....

MagicMan

Reaction score
cowboyed;2415607 said:
At least he expresses his dismay but what is very troubling is that his comments are an indictment of this coaching staff. He doesn't know what is wrong or what will fix it? In effect the coaches don't know what is wrong or how to fix it. You would think they would be shoring things up at practices or reinforcing the elimination of mistakes that specifically have impacted the team.

Two players from opposing teams Jacobs (Giants) and Portis (Commanders) have commented that our defense is out of sync and our players are confused.

This is really disturbing.

My thoughts exactly, last time it was Jay Ratliff who was saying he didn't know what was wrong. I thought Wade was supposed to be fixing the defense. If the players don't know, it is a coaching problem.

I'm glad Kevin and I have something in common----we don't know what the heck is going on.

Oh well, I guess Wade does hold himself accountable. Does that mean that he will quit after the season? :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2415771 said:
Of course I don't have a problem with that. What are you even talking about? You mean because I disagree with bashing Burnett over this blog entry?

Since I bother you so much lately, why not just put me on ignore and be done with it.

Better yet, why don't you just stop being wrong all the time.

:D