DMN Burnett Blog: UT Roy Williams fits right in

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roy Williams

11:07 AM Tue, Oct 28, 2008 | Permalink
Kevin Burnett http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

What I see from Roy is what you see from Roy. Everything he does in practice is what you see on the field (games). He doesn't do anything special to the naked eye but when you look at what he does on Sunday you see a direct correlation to what he's does during the week. Overall he's a good guy with a fun personality. He fits right in with our team swagger and attitude. As a team we have fun, joke around, and laugh at each other while keeping our goals in sight. I don't know that Jerry could have made a better trade for a guys who fits in and is accepted right away.

If you guys get a chance come out to Ten Sports Grill tonight at 8pm and talk some sports with JJT and myself. I might decide to give away some home game tickets so you might want to come out. **HINT

214-748-1010
1302 main street
(corner of main and field)

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (2) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Someone should ask Burnett if he knows what is up with Roy's little bunny tail on the back of his head.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Hey Burnett,

If you did as much studying (of your playbook) and practticing your assignment as you do blogging, then perhaps - maybe - you would have made the block you missed --- you know, the one which landed the NFL's best punter on IR.

Thsnks for over-blogging, as if your onlime opinion matters. :rolleyes:

We need you to be a LB, not a mediot, thanks!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AMERICAS_FAN;2380962 said:
Hey Burnett,

If you did as much studying (of your playbook) and practticing your assignment as you do blogging, perhaps maybe you would have made the block you missed, which landed the NFL's best punter on IR.

Actually he doesn't blog much. And generally, the posts aren't all that in-depth.

He posted more and longer entries when the team was winning. Now you get these.

khiladi

Reaction score
I sure hope Roy Williams doesn't have this team's non-existent swagger and attitude...

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Hey Burnett,

If you did as much studying (of your playbook) and practticing your assignment as you do blogging, perhaps maybe you would have made the block you missed, which landed the NFL's best punter on IR.

Blogging doesn't take up a lot of time. People do have lives outside of football, and I think it was Bennett and Carpenter who missed their blocks.

pgreptom

Reaction score
Hey Burnett,

If you did as much studying (of your playbook) and practticing your assignment as you do blogging, then perhaps - maybe - you would have made the block you missed --- you know, the one which landed the NFL's best punter on IR.

Wow.

Just... wow.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder if the fact that RW11 gave his TD ball to one of Burnett's baby boys has anything to do with these kind words Burnett is heaping on Roy. Hmmmmm.:laugh2:

ethiostar

Reaction score
Hey Burnett,

Shouldn't you be working or studying right now?:rolleyes:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Hey Burnett,

You're right! At the same time Burnett knows he's 1 more intermediate injury away from being a broken down golf cart so he's already exercising whatever options he may have football related beyond actually playing.

It's written all over his forehead. Doubt he gets re-signed for anything above the minimum just because of his injury status. He was already contemplating retiring while he was making more than that. So if he gets that type of offer throughout the league expect him to go full time mediot.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Hey Burnett,

I am not a big Burnett fan but I could have sworn it was Tony Curtis who wandered off to the left doing nothing when the blocker of that punt came through!!!!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2381012 said:
I wonder if the fact that RW11 gave his TD ball to one of Burnett's baby boys has anything to do with these kind words Burnett is heaping on Roy. Hmmmmm.:laugh2:

:laugh2:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
aikemirv;2381022 said:
I am not a big Burnett fan but I could have sworn it was Tony Curtis who wandered off to the left doing nothing when the blocker of that punt came through!!!!

Tony Curtis almost fumbles the ball when he catches. If he doesn't then he is always brought down on first contact. The guy is a liability with the ball in his hands and during critical moments where he has to block. Wonder where Hannam is? At least he could block.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2381020 said:
You're right! At the same time Burnett knows he's 1 more intermediate injury away from being a broken down golf cart so he's already exercising whatever options he may have football related beyond actually playing.

It's written all over his forehead. Doubt he gets re-signed for anything above the minimum just because of his injury status. He was already contemplating retiring while he was making more than that. So if he gets that type of offer throughout the league expect him to go full time mediot.

Go root for Barbie.:rolleyes:

slotshot

Reaction score
Hey Burnett,

Sweet! Methinks KB may have kicked AmFan's dog or stolen his girlfriend in the past. Maybe kicked his girlfriend and stolen his dog. Either way, that is lot of blame and venom for a back-up/ST linebacker with an intermittent blog :laugh2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2380966 said:
Actually he doesn't blog much. And generally, the posts aren't all that in-depth.

He posted more and longer entries when the team was winning. Now you get these.

:hammer:

Hey, I don't think Burnett is much of a football player, but criticizing him for taking, what, 3 minutes out of his day to post a blog is pretty ingorant.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Hey Burnett,

Your anger should be directed at Tony Curtis. He blew the play and got your punter killed, not Kevin Burnett.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
41gy#;2381057 said:
Your anger should be directed at Tony Curtis. He blew the play and got your punter killed, not Kevin Burnett.

The anger should be directed at the ST's coach who decided to switch people around on the punt team and put players at positions they hadn't practiced before backed up near our own endzone in an overtime game.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boyzmamacita;2381012 said:
Maybe. He posted this blurb in his blog the day after the game:

I want to start by Thanking Roy Publically for giving my son the ball from his first touchdown as a Cowboy, he hasn't let the ball go yet. Thanks Roy!