News: DMN: Cole Beasley, from nearby Little Elm, on why he didn't grow up a Cowboys fan

nobody

Reaction score
So he group up paying attention to the guys playing his position? Great! That's probably given him insight.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I must admit, I wouldn't expect that answer. Growing up, I always thought it was weird when someone didn't like an NFL team or "didn't really like football". It just wasn't normal. Oh well, glad he's on our team.....

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Gotta remember, the Cowboys sucked when he was growing up.

There wasn't much to get behind and the team really just didn't have any cool players.

I'm relatively the same age and I know the Eagles were very popular in my Dallas suburb middle school because of McNabb.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Cole Beasley, a modern day 'smurf,' caught my attention when as a rookie, he slam dunked the ball regularly in a Community promoted Basketball game in Corpus Christi. The players then, traveled the State during the off season, doing great charity work. It was fun stuff. Dez Bryant did a Michael Jordan showing as well.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
This was a funny interview on the radio.

Corby asked cole if he watched the bears eagles game since they play the eagles this week and cole was like....No, I was at a pumpkin patch in Gunner....

It was pretty funny.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Cole because he's just a normal dude who happens to be playing WR in the NFL.

Yeah, his wife might go a little wacko on social media, but I follow him on Instagram and he really just seems like a guy I would have been friends with in high school

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I must admit, I wouldn't expect that answer. Growing up, I always thought it was weird when someone didn't like an NFL team or "didn't really like football". It just wasn't normal. Oh well, glad he's on our team.....

I grew up with a few kids that did not follow sports. Depends some on their upbringing. Now for a kid that played sports but did not follow a team. A few of those.
A few friends played all type of sports, but didn't know a lot about teams or players. Except the Reds. Now this was back in the late 60's and early 70's. So there was not a lot of news sources in our small town. Well 20,000. I had 3 older brothers, so sports was a way of life for us. Watching and playing.

Also another friend that moved to our area in 5th grade, lived a few houses from me. He knew nothing of sports, didn't play or watch. Until he got involved with me and my friends.
He started playing sports, but he still never followed teams much until we got more in high school.
now he grew up, moved around, with 4 older sisters, and his parents were not into sports.

So I can see where Cole says he did not pay that much attention to having a favorite team. But now days, with all the sports on TV, and in a big metroplex area with major sports teams, is a bit out of the norm, one would think. But it happens.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
While I understand the sentiment, people from DC don't get a vote for what should be obvious reasons...

Lol, this DC resident was born @ Baylor University and fights the Deadskin nation on a daily basis.

They call me the preacher in DC, spreading the gospel of the Dallas freaking Cowboys.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
You read it wrong......he didn't like watching sports on TV. He was out there participating in different sports, while kids like me sat on the sidelines watching. When he did watch, he merely paid attention to guys who played his position.

jday

Reaction score
Lol, this DC resident was born @ Baylor University and fights the Deadskin nation on a daily basis.

They call me the preacher in DC, spreading the gospel of the Dallas freaking Cowboys.

At ease, soldier. That was meant in jest...