News: DMN: Cowboys blog: Is Orlando Scandrick 'back?' How did Mark Sanchez learn to speak...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Wilber can generate some pass rush I'm all for it, but he sounds pretty small for the task.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
If Wilber can generate some pass rush I'm all for it, but he sounds pretty small for the task.
Yep. I'm not counting on much from him, so anything we get will be gravy, IMHO. I'm just praying that Dak is the real deal so that we can devote the top of our next several drafts to the defensive side of the ball.
We are just weak there, at the moment.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. I'm not counting on much from him, so anything we get will be gravy, IMHO. I'm just praying that Dak is the real deal so that we can devote the top of our next several drafts to the defensive side of the ball.
We are just weak there, at the moment.
The sad thing is we have addressed the defensive side of the ball quite a bit in recent drafts (Lawrence, Jones, Claiborne, Gregory), but it hasn't worked out too well.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
The sad thing is we have addressed the defensive side of the ball quite a bit in recent drafts (Lawrence, Jones, Claiborne, Gregory), but it hasn't worked out too well.
We have, but I want to see some 1st round picks on the defensive side...a la our O-Line. You bring up a good an valid point, though. What is it with our front office and 2nd round picks, anyways?!?!?! We either draft guys with drug issues or guys who can't play up to 2nd round expectations/don't fit our scheme (Escobar). We are due for a change in production from our 2nd rounders, I would think. Time will tell.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
If we spend 3 1st rd picks on the D, it'll be fine. So like in 2019-2020, the d line should be ok.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So can Scandrick declare he's back, or does he have to wait and let Sunday play out?

"I feel like I'm back," he said this week. "I've been going at it here in training camp. I'm just trying to do everything I can. I'm ready. I'm excited. I want to prove that I'm back, I want to prove it to everyone that thinks that I'm not
Our secondary will very much improved with OScan back and Jones taking over for WIlcox.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If we spend 3 1st rd picks on the D, it'll be fine. So like in 2019-2020, the d line should be ok.

Jones - 1
Lawrence - 2
Gregory - 2
Smith - 2

Just for the record, that wasn't dart board lucky tosses.