News: DMN: Cowboys DE Randy Gregory: 'I've got to give them a reason to put me out there'

NewsBot

Reaction score
*** Message was removed by demand from DMN ***

Last edited by a moderator:

The Natural

Reaction score
I can appreciate Randy citing Irving as a guy who has seemingly made the most of his opportunities, but I don't believe it's about giving coaches a reason to put him out there. Is the staff that incompetent, can they not find a reason to put a guy who can get to the QB out on the field other then..he can get to the QB? What happened to that look we saw in camp with Hardy lining up inside and Gregory at end, how many times have we seen that the last two weeks?

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm not sure if our playoff aspirations are doomed or not... like some of you, I'll wait for the mathematically eliminated deal before giving up...But...
I just feel that if one of these young guys on defense can make a big play, it would snowball into more big plays for the team as a whole...
the stink of losing would just evaporate... hears to hoping the give a strong showing in Tampa... and by the way, don't let it be lost that this is a 1pm game...
Not a prime time game... somehow, I think it takes that added pressure off of them... now they can just go out and play... just my opinion....
Hoping to see young Randy Gregory make a big play, or plays, to launch his career as a Dallas Cowboy.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Don't feel bad Randy at least you didn't steal Jerry's money like one of your teamates did on that DLine. :D

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Good. Glad he is bothered by the criticism and recognizes it.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
He's not strong enough nor is he big enough to be a 4-3 end in the NFL. He needs time to put on weight and get stronger.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I can appreciate Randy citing Irving as a guy who has seemingly made the most of his opportunities, but I don't believe it's about giving coaches a reason to put him out there. Is the staff that incompetent, can they not find a reason to put a guy who can get to the QB out on the field other then..he can get to the QB? What happened to that look we saw in camp with Hardy lining up inside and Gregory at end, how many times have we seen that the last two weeks?

malarkey

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Expectations were high for Randy Gregory after a strong preseason and an impressive debut in the opener.

A high ankle sprain derailed the progress. Now, with the second half of the season about to get underway, the rookie defensive end is still looking for his first sack and his first tackle.

"I don't think I've ever gone this deep into a season without recording any kind of stat,'' Gregory said. "It's frustrating, because on one end I know I can make plays, but on the other end I've got to understand I've missed a lot of time. I wasn't out there for a month.

Continue reading...

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/files/2015/05/GREGORY2_43878949.gif

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Rarely see a fat pothead

Happens all the time . . . ever heard of the "munchies"? -- LOL.

Gregory just needs to recover from his ankle, quit worrying about re-injuring it and get with the program.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
"The biggest thing in practice is to show I can handle everything, which I have. But I've got to give them a reason to put me out there, make a play. For example, a guy like David Irving. Next to me, he probably gets the least amount of snaps, but when he is in there he's making plays, so that gives him a chance to get more snaps.

"I've got to do the same thing.''

Found this to be the most revealing part of the article. Even with the LEAST amount of opportunities, Irving is still making plays.