News: DMN: Cowboys LB Sean Lee says knee is no concern: 'I'll be ready to go for the first game'

dallasdave

Reaction score
Sean Lee said the sore knee that has kept him out of practice the last few days isn't a concern and he'll definitely be ready for the Cowboys season opener.
"It's nothing serious,'' said Lee, who had an MRI on the knee earlier this week. "I've had a couple of surgeries on the knee. I'm just managing the knee at this point.

"I'll be ready to go for the first game. No question. If we had a game this Sunday, I'd be playing. We just had some down time and I think we're taking advantage of it.''

The linebacker tore the ACL in his left knee in the first practice of organized team activities in 2014 and missed the entire season. He returned last season and was rewarded with a trip to the Pro Bowl for his performance.

Lee felt good going into this offseason but eventually began to experience some discomfort in the knee while lifting weights and running. He underwent surgery on April 29 to clean up some cartilage so it wouldn't hinder him during the season.

There are no plans at the moment for Lee to skip a day of practice each week once the regular season is underway to manage the injury.

"I don't think so,'' Lee said. "In camp, I really didn't have that many problems.

"I think I'll be able to practice on a normal schedule. I'll be able to practice enough and be effective.''

Twitter: @DavidMooreDMN

Get the latest Cowboys news here | Follow dmn_cowboys on Twitter | Like our Cowboys Facebook page here

Continue reading...
You go Sean Lee !!!!

CowboyChris

Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with the knee? but an MRI was needed earlier in the week?

John813

Reaction score
I mean to expect Sean Lee to not be banged up is unlikely.

However, I do expect him to start and play in almost every game this year.
Gawd forbid he goes down with the way our linebackers look now.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I can't wait for us to blow out the Giants week 1. The bandwagon is going to be closed.