DMN/DC.COM Blog: T.O. Takes Dead Aim At ESPN (lockerroom chat transcript)

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
noletime95;2302714 said:
ESPN totally blew this out of proportion. But I gotta be honest..........it's like it would kill TO to give Romo a compliment.

T.O. has said plenty good of Romo

Mansta54

Reaction score
noletime95;2302714 said:
ESPN totally blew this out of proportion. But I gotta be honest..........it's like it would kill TO to give Romo a compliment.

You're kidding, right? TO compliments him all the time. Hell, he cried for the man last year...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;2302761 said:
You're kidding, right? TO compliments him all the time. Hell, he cried for the man last year...
don't remind me :bang2:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
ddh33;2302264 said:
ESPN is the personification of so much that is wrong with the media today.

For one thing, their whole premise seems to be based on the idea that whoever says something the most often or the loudest must be correct. They often have no real reason to say and do some of the things that they do except for their own personal agendas. Everything is slanted and sensationalized, without any hint of being objective or getting the story right.

I seldom watch the channel anymore, and I never watch any of their football studio shows. They have hired some of the worst people imaginable, and it has certainly impacted their programming for the worse.

ESPN is the National Inquirer/Entertainment Tonight of the football world. No more, no less.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
YoMick;2302152 said:
I hope this triggers the following responses from Owens in the future:
  • I am just here to help my team win
  • No comment
  • I am Cowboy now and thats all that matters
  • No comment
  • Romo is the best QB I ever had
  • No Comment
  • Me and Witten are White/Chocolate
  • No Comment
  • Barber is a Barbarian
  • No Comment
  • Jerry is the best owner in all of sports
  • No Comment

And BSPN will still spin it as Owens trying to ruin the team. Remember, with no exaggeration, when Owens wasn't talking to the press last offseason during the spring BSPN's response was that he wasn't talking to the press because he was still trying to bring attention to himself.

Yakuza

tyke1doe

Reaction score
DanteEXT;2302592 said:
Wow.... :hammer:

I'm glad to see him call the media out on their own BS (maybe he has before, but I don't remember it). At the same time, he probably could just avoid the question but I got a feeling a 'no comment', 'next question' or anything like that would be lead story on ESPN as well. Catch 22, damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Better yet, if he knows they're going to ask the question, why does he answer it? :rolleyes:

I guess personal responsibility and taking control of one's tongue are hard concepts for T.O. to grasp. :(

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
remember that movie from Major League II...the one with Jesse Ventura and Willie Mays Hays......wasnt it White Lightning Black Thunder......

that is Witten and TO........White Lightning Black Thunder

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2302827 said:
Better yet, if he knows they're going to ask the question, why does he answer it? :rolleyes:

I guess personal responsibility and taking control of one's tongue are hard concepts for T.O. to grasp. :(

Yeah, he's totally irresponsible. :rolleyes:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
tyke1doe;2302827 said:

:hammer:

There are only few people i know who tend to take themself out of responsibility the way TO does it.

I watched TO now for a long time. And always when he thinks things should have gone better because he thinks the team could have done better it's: I did my best i could but the others didn't.

One time it's the coaches because they don't envolve him enough. Then he gets 18 Balls thrown his way and now it's again not ok for him because the plays weren't plays were he was the primary receiver and with that he implies that he still wasn't envolved the right way.

When will he ever take responsibility for what he does ?

He plays on a team. The team lost as one. That means every single player on the team had to do more to win the game. And one of the players is TO. So if TO had done more we could have won. But this guy puts himself always in a great position: it's always him who did everything he could do and because he thinks of himself he is a great player the others must be the reason for failure.

If he doesn't start to even consider that he is also the reason for failure to me he will always be a great player but never be a person i will have respect for on that team.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I remember in the mid 1990's, some of the Cowboy players refused to talk to the media. I think Irvin was one of them. TO just needs to follow suit. None of this noise is really necessary. It is all about wins and losses, and the Super Bowl.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2303398 said:
I remember in the mid 1990's, some of the Cowboy players refused to talk to the media. I think Irvin was one of them. TO just needs to follow suit. None of this noise is really necessary. It is all about wins and losses, and the Super Bowl.

Does it really matter?

Really-last week when he didn't peep into the media room after the GB win, everyone was speculating that he was upset over the over guys(Felix and MB3) getting all the spotlight in the game, and not him. What if he DIDN'T go near the media room after the Skins game? Yep-there would be MORE speculation over his upsetness from Calvin, BSPN, etc over his not getting enough production in this game.

Pt being that no matter what he does(or lack thereof), noone will be satisfied. Should he use the "silence is golden" rule? Of course. But OTOH-get used to it. This is the Dallas Cowboys-no matter who's on the team or how we're doing, we're ALWAYS going to be under the spotlight.