News: DMN: Drew Bledsoe's advice to Tony Romo on potentially being benched for Dak Prescott:

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Some good advice from Drew. Ultimately I think Romo will get his job back, he deserves to have it back. With all that said, the leash will be short and it's likely this is his last year as the starter here. Hoping he gets to ride off into the sunset with a ring!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I always liked Drew, even though he was a stiff in the pocket. I hated how the Romo thing happened to him. It didn't HAVE to happen at halftime.

Drew should have been kicked to the curb a few years before that. Romo rotted on the bench for a few years to many.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
There was a game in the previous season that really made me respect Drew. The line in the finale was dreadful. Play after play the D had a free run at him. He was getting pounded. Parcels tried to pull him for his safety. Bledsoe refused to come out and took a brutal pounding.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don't know.. I think the way Parcells brought Romo was perfect for HIM. Romo was so raw, he's a guy who truly benefited from sitting and observing.

We had no chance to win the SB with Testicleverde and Bledslow at QB. Its easy to assume that sitting Romo did him good because he came out on fire. We will never know.

Personally, I think 3.5 years was too long.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had no chance to win the SB with Testicleverde and Bledslow at QB. Its easy to assume that sitting Romo did him good because he came out on fire. We will never know.

Personally, I think 3.5 years was too long.
Romo has said that sitting his first few years was good for him, so I'll go with him on that one.

Agreed on Testaverde.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Romo has said that sitting his first few years was good for him, so I'll go with him on that one.

Agreed on Testaverde.

Might have been good for him, but no doubt he would have been better by year #4 if he had started two years prior.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Some good advice from Drew. Ultimately I think Romo will get his job back, he deserves to have it back. With all that said, the leash will be short and it's likely this is his last year as the starter here. Hoping he gets to ride off into the sunset with a ring!

As Clint says 'Deserves got nothin' to do with it.'

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
As Clint says 'Deserves got nothin' to do with it.'

Haha. I think for Jerry it does. Romos my fav player of all time so I too want to see him get one last shot. Whether he gets it or not though, the future looks great with Dak

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Agreed on Testaverde.

Testaverde was brought here to be a backup and mentor. Not his fault the guys he was supposed to mentor were turds

Deep_South

Reaction score
All indications are Tony will play when he is ready, so I don't think he is close to being at the end of his run. I do remember when Drew got benched, and I was beyond shocked. Just being a fan, I didn't really know anything about Romo when they sent him out there. He threw a few picks, but I recall he did get the offense going with a spark that just wasn't there before. Dak may have to wait a couple years, but his time will come, just like Tony's did.

rynochop

Reaction score
Haha. I think for Jerry it does. Romos my fav player of all time so I too want to see him get one last shot. Whether he gets it or not though, the future looks great with Dak
I agree he deserves another shot, I think we have the same record with Tony playing, heck, probably beat NY. I love what Dak can do as far escaping, and his ability to run, and he can take a hit. I'm nervous about Tony coming in and taking a good hit without getting hurt. He was not athletic at all on the hit to the back in the preseason

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good advice by Drew. Continue to take the high road like you always do, Tony.