News: DMN: Early results good, but here's why next 3 weeks will truly test Cowboys and impressive...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Yes sir, the next three games are a good test of what caliber team we are. Are we just avg, a little above avg, a playoff team, or contender.

hopefully, we can start a good run by beating the Bengals. They are a tough team!

If we can win a couple I'll be happy. Very.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Little early for beyond Sunday but the Bengals are tough, too.
Watched their game on NFL Ticket last week...recorded it actually then watched.

They are very aggressive on both sides of the ball.

Their Dline looked like our OL..big and fast.

And Dalton is very similar to DAK..he throws quickly and often short to mid-range passes.

His Receivers get lots of YAC.

His TE is the equal of Witten, but I think he's hurt and either doubtful or out.

Our defense is going to have to pick their poison..

either they stop the running game and take away play action passing..

or they drop back into coverage and give them some running room.

Doing both is going to end up in either a big run or a big catch depending on which alignment they catch us in.

I'd go with stoping the run first hoping our offense can control clock and tire out their defense.

I'd take the chance Carr and Claiborne and Jones and Scandrick can cover well enough to let our offense get ahead and get the defense a cushion.

We'll see.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I think with all the injuries we have and the talent level on our defense we will struggle to win this week looks like Lawrence wont play neither will scandrick or dez

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Lawrence is not on the injury list because he's not on the active roster yet. We don't have to report to the NFL for him....yet. We have a roster exemption for him but he must be moved to the active roster Saturday if he is going to play Sunday. Not sure why that is. He saw limited practice Wed and AFAIK today.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I can see us dropping the next two. We have significant injuries at almost every position.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bengals 33
Cowboys 20

Packers 31
Cowboys 17

Eagles 55
Cowboys 9

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I hope I am wrong, but it could get ugly the next couple of games.

But either way we should know where we are by then.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Gee, I guess our offensive stats are artificially inflated because of the crummy defenses we've played.

Does that apply to these upcoming defenses?

Yeah, the Eagles played well,against the Steelers, but big deal winning over the Browns and Bears.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Two thoughts:

1. I am sick and tired of the media "qualifying" our wins. Especially after we went 1-11 w/o Romo last year. You can only play who they line you up against. Also-- I don't see the media "qualifying" other teams wins against us and highlighting the fact that we are playing w/o a lot of injured players. Do their wins not count either?

2. If we do lose the next 2 games, my guess will be that Tony will be welcomed back with open arms. We'd be 3-3 heading into the Philly game and still right in the thick of the NFCE race. In a way-- that would resolve the Dak vs Romo debate. I hope we win and have the "problem" of a QB controversy-- but these next 2 games will be a tough test for any QB-- let alone a rook.