News: DMN: Early results good, but here's why next 3 weeks will truly test Cowboys and impressive...

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
they next three games are going to be really tough most likely we lose them all but it will tell us where this team really is

Aven8

Reaction score
The next 3 at full strength would be nice. When your kicker even has a back injury your apparently snakebit. Dak wins all 3 however and they might add a his statue next to Landrys in the plaza!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
im expecting 1-2 with a complete Zone meltdown . If the team goes 2-1 i wont be shocked but wont be running in saying "i told you so" either. It will change my mind of the team tho. I wont say legit, but maybe the eagles or GB isnt as good as many thought either.

ghst187

Reaction score
pulease.....say what you want about how bad the defenses were that we played and how great the defenses are that we will be playing in the next few weeks....but I don't believe the difference is all that big. Its not like the 1980s when one week you were playing the 49ers and the next week you're playing the Cards or Rams (for those of you who don't remember the 80s the Cards and Rams were like the Browns have been for the last decade). I just think the parity that's been mandated by the league has removed the significant margins between the good and the bad teams. In today's league, anyone (except the Browns) can go from last to first, top 10 pick to super bowl and back to top 10 pick in two seasons. The Bengals may be a bit tougher but its not like they're the steel curtain (70s Pittsburgh reference), they're 2-2 instead of 4-0 for a reason. We're a play and FG attempt away from being 4-0. One rookie QB has already lit them up for 300+ yards and 4 TDs, hopefully we'll make it two. There's a large crowd out there that wants to discredit the Cowboys no matter what they do and I'm fine with that...keep us under the radar.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
The Cowboys used the last three weeks during a three-game winning streak to pad their statistics, accepting the generosity of some of the league's worst defenses to vault to the No. 2 spot in the NFL in offense.
But they will have to work a bit harder to maintain those stats these next three weeks.

That's because the Commanders, Bears and 49ers are now behind the Cowboys. The Bengals, Packers and Eagles line up in front of them.

The Cowboys rolled up 380 yards in the second week against the Commanders and their 29th-ranked defense, 447 yards against the Bears and their 10th-ranked defense in the third week, and finally 428 yards against the 49ers and their 26th-ranked defense last weekend.

The 447 yards against Chicago was a bit deceiving because the Bears were without their four best defensive players that night with injuries: pass rusher Lamarr Houston, defensive tackle Eddie Goldman, inside linebacker Danny Trevathan and cornerback Kyle Fuller.

The task stiffens this week for an offense relying on a rookie quarterback and rookie running back when the Cincinnati Bengals visit. The Bengals bring the NFL's ninth-best defense to town with nine sacks and six takeaways. Then the Cowboys visit Green Bay, where they will face the NFL's top run defense. Then come the Eagles, who rank third in the NFL in both overall defense and run defense and are sixth against the pass.

Listen to Rick Gosselin at 10:50 a.m. Tuesdays on Sportsradio 1310 AM/96.7 FM The Ticket with Norm Hitzges and Donovan Lewis.

Twitter: @RickGosselinDMN

Continue reading...

When we beat the Bengals on Sunday, the excuse will be that we haven't faced an elite QB. When we beat Greenbay the following Sunday, the excuse will be that Aaron Rodgers is declining.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's not altogether impossible to imagine several disappointing losses lurking about for several games that lie ahead.
As the same token, I'm also hoping it's not asking too much for some pleasant surprises to be in store as well.:thumbup: