News: DMN: Ex-Chiefs coach Herm Edwards: Why the Cowboys won't come away with a win in Kansas City

Aven8

Reaction score
Good grief, this is the same team that went 2-14 last year isn't it? Are we really that bad?

dstovall5

Reaction score
I don't understand his point really ... He said we only scored 3 points off the first 3 turn overs and that's our problem. Well I got news for the people who use this "point" as a reason we will lose.

Yes, it's true that our defense had 6 take always. It's also true that our defense will NOT get that many turn overs every game. But let's not kid our selves here, Dallas's offense will NOT be as ineffective as it was against the Giants, it works both ways here. I find it funny how people say our defense will change and not get as many turn overs, but then they act like our offense will just be stagnant and be the same ineffective offense. Cracks me up.

Deep_South

Reaction score
From the media experts, one would think the Chiefs picked up John Elway during the off-season, not Alex Smith, who has a lifetime QB rating of 79.4.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good grief, this is the same team that went 2-14 last year isn't it? Are we really that bad?

It's not the same team at at all.
It's like saying the 2010 and 2011 49ers were the same.

Having said that..Dallas wins a close one.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Wow that's some deep analysis by Herm Edwards. Sign me up to read his insider analysis.

CdnFan

Reaction score
The Chiefs are a an offensive juggernaut. They had 171 passing yards 292 total yards against the incredible Jaguars........

And defensively they are probably better than the 85 Bears, only gave up 178 yards of offense to a team without a quarterback

Look they are much improved, but they aren't the Broncos or 49ers either, heck they aren't even the Giants

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The Chiefs are a an offensive juggernaut. They had 171 passing yards 292 total yards against the incredible Jaguars........

And defensively they are probably better than the 85 Bears, only gave up 178 yards of offense to a team without a quarterback

Look they are much improved, but they aren't the Broncos or 49ers either, heck they aren't even the Giants

No let people keep pumping them up. Then if we do lose, which is a very likely scenario seeing how road games on the NFL are tough, they can say "I told you so! I told you they were good!"

But yes, hearing all the junk about the Chiefs this week, I would think we were about to face an offense that is a combination of the 98 Vikings/99 Rams/07 Patriots and a defense of the 85 Bears/00 Ravens.

We get it. They are improved. But some are taking it to the extreme.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
From the media experts, one would think the Chiefs picked up John Elway during the off-season, not Alex Smith, who has a lifetime QB rating of 79.4.

I know. I was thinking the same thing. He's good, but he's not upper elite. He CAN be rattled. He CAN make mistakes that we exploit.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
I really like how he said Alex smith does not turn the ball over. There fore no turn overs for us. Didn't we have 3 force fumbles last game aside from the interceptions. As long as we keep stripping the ball we won't have to rely on the int's

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I really like how he said Alex smith does not turn the ball over. There fore no turn overs for us. Didn't we have 3 force fumbles last game aside from the interceptions. As long as we keep stripping the ball we won't have to rely on the int's

No doubt. It's not like every KC offensive play is a QB draw. Actually, I'd love it if they were nuts enough to try that.

Gameover

Reaction score
One of those first half turnovers was at our seven yard line.. Not exactly scoring range.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Never mind the fact that the Cowboys defense of the prior few years would have had zero turnovers, and our team in general would have found a way to choke.

Isn't Herm the one that hired a coach to man a stopwatch on the sideline to help manage the game clock? And we're supposed to take his opinion seriously?

Ren

Reaction score
I think this will be a much tougher game then last week and we can't afford to play as bad as last week again if we want to win this, If we play a good game KC can't beat us playing their best but if we play like we did last week we will lose