News: DMN: Five Cowboys who could break out in 2016: No. 2, defensive lineman David Irving

erod

Reaction score
Every season, an unexpected player or two become core players.

Tony Romo
Miles Austin
Ron Leary
Orlando Scandrick
Cole Beasley
Barry Church
Anthony Hitchens
Dwayne Harris
Patrick Crayton
Jay Ratliff
Leon Lett
Tony Tolbert
Jay Novacek
Mark Tuinei
Nate Newton
Brock Marion
Larry Brown
Cliff Harris
Drew Pearson

There will be a couple this year, too. Just a matter of who.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's true. But despite the heart and brains, he just never had the ability to make plays. He was just a guy running around out there, trying hard but failing. If only guys like Gregory and McClain had that drive...

I just respect the guy, he does not have great skills but has managed to keep himself in the NFL with hard work and I have little doubt he will find a spot on a roster. I think he is a guy you can put in the rotation however in Dallas he was given a lot more snaps than he should have, but then when others were missing game he was being forced into those extra snaps

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
That's true. But despite the heart and brains, he just never had the ability to make plays. He was just a guy running around out there, trying hard but failing. If only guys like Gregory and McClain had that drive...

True. It's crucial that the 1-tech command double teams in this system. I don't think Hayden was ever doubled.

Proof

Reaction score
i love this guy. seems like he's always in or around the plays. gets his big mitts up to disrupt passes at the LOS too.

would love to see him breakout

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True. It's crucial that the 1-tech command double teams in this system. I don't think Hayden was ever doubled.

He never needed to be. He was easily handled one-on-one by whoever was lucky enough to draw the assignment. He was a detriment to this defense and they are better for his absence.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Chiefs fans were really upset when we picked him up. Seems he benefitted some from having Hardy. We'll see how he does. I do like him though.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
If Gregory blows it, I could see Irving @ LE and moving Lawrence over to RE. He's just too raw to know yet and needs snaps. Love his potential too and showed he can play the interior (Ideally 3 tech) last season.

Yep, I'd like him playing anywhere but, I'd like him at left end the most. I'm not comparing him(ok I am) but, maybe-maybe he could be a Strahan-"type". I know I know waaaaaaay ahead of myself but, I can hope.

Falco78

Reaction score
He has the ability to maybe be a good rotational guy. That's his talent ceiling.

I have to disagree with you on that, I think this guy can be a real beast. I think he is better suited at DT than DE. I guess we shall see soon

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score

So true.

The guy never made it past park football. He just lacked.......something.

"A" for effort, tho.