News: DMN: Following 10 defensive lineman the Cowboys could draft: How did they perform at the NFL...

jnday

Reaction score
He'd have a huge impact, at either S or CB. Just look what the Legion of Boom managed to do for SEA. There's a reason why CBs get paid what they do in this league.

I can't imagine not wanting an impact DB if there's one to be had. I'd prefer a QB, but Ramsey would be a good get if that's the way it ends up.
t

If he had s history of getting a turnover every now and then, I may feel s little different about him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not confident that the Cowboys will consider taking a DB at #4 while they are lacking an effective pass rush.

Just can't help but think they'll likely decide to draft a DE for themselves first before considering the secondary.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I'm not confident that the Cowboys will consider taking a DB at #4 while they are lacking an effective pass rush.

Just can't help but think they'll likely decide to draft a DE for themselves first before considering the secondary.

The draft is LOADED at DL..... We can get a gem at 34

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The draft is LOADED at DL..... We can get a gem at 34

That is clearly true at defensive tackle but not at DE. It's quite possible the Dallas staff will choose to look to DE before anything else. Of course, the exception to that might easily come at QB. CBs are plentiful also and might be had after round one with success. It's also being said there's a drop off after the CB Ramsey, so who knows, he might well be the preference at #4 as well. Jerry oftentimes hints at which position he considers a priority and recently expounded upon the team's need at DE. Was this merely a smokescreen? Guess we'll find out when the time comes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much impact can Ramsey really have on a defense? Serious question . There are questions about what position he will play and with the exception of Primetime, I have never seen a DB that is capable of having a major impact on a defensive unit. Especially a DB that has a history of producing very few turnovers. I expect a top five pick to be a high impact, play maker and game changer . Is Rsnsey that type of player ?

I am in the same boat as you only because the lack of INT numbers...however to be fair...if he was a lock down player they may have game planned away from him for good reason.

To address the other portion of your post, and keep in mind I am not one who wants Ramsey...I am just playing devils advocate...

Deion as you mentioned.

However I think people forget about Ed Reed and what he meant to that defense EVEN with the other players they had on that defense he was a playmaker.
Earl Thomas...again he has people around him but he is a difference maker on that defense.
Troy P is another player off the top of my head...guy was a game changer for the Steelers.
D.Reevis - Reevis Island...nuff said.

If we could go back in time and they said...you can have Some of those names listed above in their prime at #4 right now...would you take them...I think many would.

Problem is...we just don't know how that player is going to turn out now.

I will say this though...I don't recall a player getting as much good press (and it seems pretty universal when it comes to the scouts and draft pundits) that he is the legit top 5 player and could be the best CB and Safety in the draft. I don't recall that much praise for a player at that position in quite a few drafts.

I have heard so and so might be the best CB or the Best S...not sure I have seen it for both positions.

Again...I am not one who is on the Ramsey bandwagon by any stretch.

I will say this though...although I will probably be upset if we pass on a Wentz if he is there...if Ramsey turns out to be a Ed Reed or Earl Thomas and helps this team...Be hard to complain about it...even though I am sure I will.

Part of me wants Ramsey to be gone by the time we pick...however there is another part of me that says...if he AND wentz are gone...does that mean the Cowboys take Bosa, Jack or Buckner instead of Goff.

To which I wonder to myself...as much as I might say no to Ramsey...would I want him over Bosa or Buckner.

So many things to consider...so much time to go...so much rambling on by me lol.

RandyOh

Reaction score

With all the cap that they just freed up with restructures, I would think DE gets taken care in free agency since it's our biggest need.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
With all the cap that they just freed up with restructures, I would think DE gets taken care in free agency since it's our biggest need.

It's quite possible but for the fact that this FO isn't a fan of overspending for its players, especially so at DE, where the cost is hurtfully steep. It bears watching for sure, though.

Hardline

Reaction score
He'd have a huge impact, at either S or CB. Just look what the Legion of Boom managed to do for SEA. There's a reason why CBs get paid what they do in this league.

I can't imagine not wanting an impact DB if there's one to be had. I'd prefer a QB, but Ramsey would be a good get if that's the way it ends up.
Without that Seattle front 7 there would be no legend of boom. The front 7 can make your defensive backs look like pro bowlers.

RandyOh

Reaction score
It's quite possible but for the fact that this FO isn't a fan of overspending for its players, especially so at DE, where the cost is hurtfully steep. It bears watching for sure, though.

With what both Jones said over the weekend, it seems the chance of Greg Hardy being back is still much a possibility. He might be the only DE they will actually spend big on because he will come as a bargain for his impact.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
With what both Jones said over the weekend, it seems the chance of Greg Hardy being back is still much a possibility. He might be the only DE they will actually spend big on because he will come as a bargain for his impact.

Gregory's suspension probably had something to do with that being the case if it, indeed, is. Garrett wouldn't be a big fan of that but his inclinations undoubtedly come in second there.