News: DMN: Former Cowboys defensive lineman signs with Cleveland Browns

jaybird

Reaction score
Suspensions to Rolando McClain and Randy Gregory have left the Dallas Cowboys with some serious holes in the pass rush. It's led some to speculate over whether or not the Cowboys would look to the free agent market to shore up the defensive line, with some possibilities rising to the forefront.
But there's at least one name that can crossed off the list of potential targets -- former Cowboys defensive tackle Nick Hayden, who according to a team press release has signed with the Cleveland Browns.

Hayden proved to be very durable during his time in Dallas, starting 47 of 48 games over his the last three years with the Cowboys. He has two career sacks and two fumble recoveries.

Continue reading...

I am a Hayden fan! I realize his skills are limited, but he leaves everything on the field-all heart. I wish him the best of luck. And I'm glad we upgraded the position.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
He gone y'all.. *sniff* *sniff* And he's never coming back.

be careful, it's a long season...Let's just hang garlic around our necks and keep someone posted at the door...with lots and lots of reasons to not let him back in.

jrumann59

Reaction score
It was not nick's fault he was a starter. I am sure many of the coaches always saw him as a rotational guy maybe 3-5 snaps per possession. There were a lot of guys that were considered better but could not stay healthy. He gave it his all and while he was not a world beater he had something guys that were more talented did not have durability.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am a Hayden fan! I realize his skills are limited, but he leaves everything on the field-all heart. I wish him the best of luck. And I'm glad we upgraded the position.

Players with no skills = have all heart.
Players with skills = less heart.

jaybird

Reaction score
Players with no skills = have all heart.
Players with skills = less heart.

Players with skills and heart = all pro
Enough all pro years = HOF
Some players make a career with limited ability and extreme effort. See Bill Bates

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe the only player that has ever left Dallas and signed with another team... where there is actually zero rueage.

He literally was a starter for entire seasons where he had almost no stats to speak of.

Phil Costa?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Players with skills and heart = all pro
Enough all pro years = HOF
Some players make a career with limited ability and extreme effort. See Bill Bates

So players will skills that aren't all pro, have less heart. Otay. If Ezekiel Elliott doesn't make all pro as a rookie, I'll blame his lack of heart.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I like Rod, but what he saw in this guy is beyond me. Unreal. Adios Nicky

He was a known quantity. When I was in management, I would prefer a steady Eddie, even if his work was sub par, if I knew he would show up to work everyday and put in some effort.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Leave it to Cleveland to see a player worth pursuing in him -- here's hoping they'll remain fairly content with that decision. They're due.