News: DMN: How the refs mishandled the Dez Bryant-Josh Norman feud, and more

GIFTS86

Reaction score
This sums it up to me to a T. I didn't click the link but yes the refs suck, dak is great, the defense is making plays in the redzone. Oh yeah and dirty players are taking shots at the cowboys and nobody is doing ****!
I say dallas should take shots back and end that ****

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is your take on Josh Norman and Dez Bryant's feud during and after the game?

I think the officials did not do a good job of controlling the game. Josh Norman holds on virtually every play. Call it, and a lot of that goes away. The most egregious non-call came when Dez caught a slant and after the tackle, Norman twisted Bryant's ankle. It was a dirty play, but it doesn't get called and that begins the escalation. Norman's on-field machismo is not good for the game, and it needs to be addressed.
When speaking about the officials always remember everything starts at the top.

Being lead by the village idiot Dean Blandino should explain everything.

ringmaster

Reaction score
This sums it up to me to a T. I didn't click the link but yes the refs suck, dak is great, the defense is making plays in the redzone. Oh yeah and dirty players are taking shots at the cowboys and nobody is doing ****!
I say dallas should take shots back and end that ****
You're right and it happened in three games where dirty plays occurred the Eagles, Stealers, and the Deadskins and most of those didn't result in penalties and it really sucks @$$.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Norman should have, at the very least, gotten a stern warning and told him he's on thin ice after the ankle twist. They have how many cameras on the game, a jumbo tron, and they aren't going to deal with that?

I'd bet Norman gets fined this week or a letter from the league because they looked grossly negligent. The Union probably isn't thrilled about it either.

BigD16

Reaction score
You're right and it happened in three games where dirty plays occurred the Eagles, Stealers, and the Deadskins and most of those didn't result in penalties and it really sucks @$$.
Also cheap late hit on Dak vs ravens

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I just hope if we see them again they get warned in pregame, Dez starts abusing him and Norman unravels. Dream scenario if we play that clown team again. I bet skins fans would definitely question the signing if he gets ejected from a playoff game

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I can't believe Norman twisting Dez's leg hasn't been addressed by the NFL already. You can't have that garbage on the field.

If it was a QB that got tackled like that and his leg twisted, they'd have ejected Norman on the spot. But it's just one of those multitudes of WR's, no one important.

As a ref, you HAVE to throw a flag on that play, even if you aren't sure it was intentional.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
T
Norman should have, at the very least, gotten a stern warning and told him he's on thin ice after the ankle twist. They have how many cameras on the game, a jumbo tron, and they aren't going to deal with that?

I'd bet Norman gets fined this week or a letter from the league because they looked grossly negligent. The Union probably isn't thrilled about it either.
The refs should receive a fine also, IMO.......friggin' Hacks.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I can't believe Norman twisting Dez's leg hasn't been addressed by the NFL already. You can't have that garbage on the field.

If it was a QB that got tackled like that and his leg twisted, they'd have ejected Norman on the spot. But it's just one of those multitudes of WR's, no one important.

As a ref, you HAVE to throw a flag on that play, even if you aren't sure it was intentional.
I agree completely. I also feel we won't hear anything about it again. This is why many complain there is a bias. He did it right in front of the official. There is no explanation and we won't hear one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This was, by far, the very worst officiated game I have seen in this entire season, and by a wide margin. These referees were a disgrace! And a comprehensive tape of the multiple gaffes and failures should be compiled and sent to the league. And I hope it's brought up by various people in the media because it's a topic worth talking about.