News: DMN: Jimmy Johnson: Jerry Jones told me I'll be in Cowboys' 'Ring of Honor'

Wood

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson says Jerry Jones has told him that he will be installed in the Cowboys' "Ring of Honor." The question, however, remains when.

"Actually, Jerry told me three years ago that he was going to put me in the Ring of Honor,” Johnson said.

Johnson, whose Cowboys coaching reign grows brighter with each ensuring season, tells that to host Dave Barnett on Tuesday's installment of Fox Sports Southwest's "Icons of Coaching."

Continue reading...

those pictures are almost painful to see because it represented such a golden period where most things made sense from this franchise.

coult44

Reaction score
I heard Jerry on the fan talk about this just now. He sounded upset the question was even asked. He was like i have no comments about that, period. Then the djs were like ok lets move on and he said yup.

The next question should have been, "Ok, can we at least bring him in for a couple of training questions with Garret".......What would he have said?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry probably meant he'd put Jimmy in the ROH after the Cowboys win a SB without him. It could be a long wait.

Good call...........that is my take as well.

No way in hell is Jerry going to put JJ in the ROH as long as his trainee is going 8-8 every season....................JJ will never see the ROH until we win a SB and if Jerry is going to insist that we have to win this SB with his trainee...................its going to be a hell of a long time.............most of this board is either going to be in the nursing home or in the cemetery..............LOL

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
What is the point of no comment? So he can tease the possibility?

Nope. It clouds his vision of ever being the 'face' of the Cowboys. Which will never happen. He screwed that up all by his himself. Too narcissistic to see that. Freakin psycho.

Fredd

Reaction score
Jones' ego will NOT allow Johnson to get in there before him - that would KILL Jones...he likely already has it in his will to not allow his kids to get his riches when he dies until they put him in the ring...also, as many have said, he may relent and get him in there once the 6th Lombardi is hoisted, but that could quite literally could be once I am retired in 20 years and just working in my garden

foofighters

Reaction score
Your kidding me right? Whats the new era? The era for coaching idiots like Garrett? This guy could get us to 11 wins face timing from his boat.

It's called free agency and look what Jimmy did with that with the Dolphins...