DMN JJT Blog: I understand why Jerry Jones wants Pacman Jones back

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7:29 AM Tue, Nov 25, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

I wouldn't have Pacman Jones on my team because you can't trust him. He's proved that time and time again.

But I understand why Jerry Jones is willing to take the risk and bring him back after the league's six-game suspension ends.

There are two reasons: The Cowboys' cornerbacks have been dropping like flies, and he thinks sometime this season Jones will make a play that validates his roster spot and helps the Cowboys win a big game.

That makes sense, but it would drive me crazy wondering whether tonight is the night he screws up and gets a lifetime band from the NFL.

The Cowboys' cornerback situation is as fragile as it gets. Terence Newman has been hobbled much of year and now Mike Jenkins is out at least a week with an ankle sprain.

Pacman gives them quality depth, though they must be very careful with him because after not practicing or playing in a month, he's a hamstring pull waiting to happen.

No one has ever questioned Pacman's talent. Obviously, he's rusty after missing 2007 because of an injury, which is one of the reasons he played average until his suspension. Still, he has the potential to make a game-changing play - one that might help the Cowboys end their 11-year drought without a playoff win.

For the owner, it's worth the risk.

Comments (1) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
And finally a JJT post I can applaud.

This is how you "cowboy up".

Be real and recognize the circumstances and spell out the issue not just an inane hard to follow opinion that is logically flawed and then back it up with defensive posturing and whining.

I have no problem stating Pac Man is a liability in the trust department but right now we can not forgo help from a legit NFL CB. This off-season might be a different story.

khiladi

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2442293 said:
No one has ever questioned Pacman's talent. Obviously, he's rusty after missing 2007 because of an injury, which is one of the reasons he played average until his suspension. Still, he has the potential to make a game-changing play - one that might help the Cowboys end their 11-year drought without a playoff win.
Looks like the clown JJT finally learned his lesson on calling out a person's alleged decline in talent...

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I disagree with his analysis that he only played "average" prior to the suspension. Maybe that's how he started, but he was definitely starting to come more into his own as the first few games passed by. 5.1 yards per reception allowed- leading this team by a good average. Not too mention the jolt he gave us just standing back there for punts- it was as if Dieon was back there waiting to take his mask off and anything could happen on any given boot.

Even during the Packer game in Lambeau, when Pac Man did something or was back to get a punt, you heard fans going crazy even amidst all that cheese.

He's a star. He's ours. People need to just get on board and see where this ride takes us and leave the second guessing to the media whose paid to criticize. Just as good a chance he's everything we want and need out of a player as he is the opposite.

MrMom

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2442293 said:
7:29 AM Tue, Nov 25, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

I wouldn't have Pacman Jones on my team because you can't trust him. He's proved that time and time again.

But I understand why Jerry Jones is willing to take the risk and bring him back after the league's six-game suspension ends.

There are two reasons: The Cowboys' cornerbacks have been dropping like flies, and he thinks sometime this season Jones will make a play that validates his roster spot and helps the Cowboys win a big game.

That makes sense, but it would drive me crazy wondering whether tonight is the night he screws up and gets a lifetime band from the NFL.

The Cowboys' cornerback situation is as fragile as it gets. Terence Newman has been hobbled much of year and now Mike Jenkins is out at least a week with an ankle sprain.

Pacman gives them quality depth, though they must be very careful with him because after not practicing or playing in a month, he's a hamstring pull waiting to happen.

For the owner, it's worth the risk.

Comments (1) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

I thought he had a hamstring issue? Can anyone clarify?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Jerry Jones knows you can't trust Pacman. Everyone knows that. That is why Jerry didn't give him a signing bonus. That is why Jerry didn't give him a high salary. That is why Jerry had a clause in the trade to get the draft pick back. That is why Jerry used a first round pick to draft a corner back. That is why Jerry drafted Scandrick in the latter part of the draft. Everything points to Jerry not trusting Pacman, but doing what he can to get some use out of Pacman.

Because Jerry does not trust Pac, he took steps to ensure that if Pacman were lost that it would not ruin Dallas. He has done a great job with regards to Pacman. That is why I find it funny when people say that Jerry sold his soul to bring Pacman to Dallas. Selling your soul is spending a high draft pick and a lot of money to get Pac. Jerry did not get a steal, but he got about as good a deal as possible with regards to Pacman. No other team would be able to pull off what Jerry has done.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Too many mistakes in this blog to take seriously. He almost sounds like he had one too many Yuenglings...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
kidcrook;2442336 said:
Too many mistakes in this blog to take seriously. He almost sounds like he had one too many Yuenglings...

hey, give the guy a break, it is his best work of the year....

:laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;2442335 said:
Jerry Jones knows you can't trust Pacman. Everyone knows that. That is why Jerry didn't give him a signing bonus. That is why Jerry didn't give him a high salary. That is why Jerry had a clause in the trade to get the draft pick back. That is why Jerry used a first round pick to draft a corner back. That is why Jerry drafted Scandrick in the latter part of the draft. Everything points to Jerry not trusting Pacman, but doing what he can to get some use out of Pacman.

Because Jerry does not trust Pac, he took steps to ensure that if Pacman were lost that it would not ruin Dallas. He has done a great job with regards to Pacman. That is why I find it funny when people say that Jerry sold his soul to bring Pacman to Dallas. Selling your soul is spending a high draft pick and a lot of money to get Pac. Jerry did not get a steal, but he got about as good a deal as possible with regards to Pacman. No other team would be able to pull off what Jerry has done.

True but it did cost Jerry an extra 200,000 dollars as the Cowboys were fined for Pacman's actions.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442357 said:
True but it did cost Jerry an extra 200,000 dollars as the Cowboys were fined for Pacman's actions.

dude that is fast food money for jones....

he made way more than that selling pac man jerseys the day after he signed with us.

unless it costs us millions against the cap or costs us draft picks it has no meaning to jerry jones as far as risk.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jterrell;2442361 said:
dude that is fast food money for jones....

he made way more than that selling pac man jerseys the day after he signed with us.

unless it costs us millions against the cap or costs us draft picks it has no meaning to jerry jones as far as risk.

No doubt that is small change for Jerry and evidently Jerry is willing to do it again with yet another fine when dumb ars screw up once again. I'm sure at that time we will have Pacman defenders once again hollering how mean and unfair Goodell is instead of accepting the fact of how stupid Pacman is. It really is almost too funny, you have members of the media making bets of when it would happen and sure enough they were right.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
theogt;2442329 said:
Ace reporter, along with master talent evaluator headline this man's resume.

Whew! As long as we are being pedantic and criticizing others:

I had to read yer response before it dawned on me that you were using headline as a verb and not as a noun.

It's always a good idea to review yer responses -- especially if you are trying to ridicule someone else -- to make sure you, too, are on the grammar and parallel construction wagon.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442376 said:
No doubt that is small change for Jerry and evidently Jerry is willing to do it again with yet another fine when dumb ars screw up once again. I'm sure at that time we will have Pacman defenders once again hollering how mean and unfair Goodell is instead of accepting the fact of how stupid Pacman is. It really is almost too funny, you have members of the media making bets of when it would happen and sure enough they were right.

Close only counts in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades. Wow, color me impressed, the media took another horseshoe/hand grenade toss at the Dallas Cowboys and came up with a point. Don't call them good for actually hitting the side of a barn once. And the same side of a barn they hit right when TO came to Dallas and had his overdose. Or when Irvin got arrested for the zillionth time, or when Parcells finally started to go stale here. God, they're so brilliant with their throws.

Looking at the side of the red barn, I'm going to say.. The barn is red. Do I get a point, too?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2442476 said:
Close only counts in Horseshoes and Hand Grenades. Wow, color me impressed, the media took another horseshoe/hand grenade toss at the Dallas Cowboys and came up with a point. Don't call them good for actually hitting the side of a barn once. And the same side of a barn they hit right when TO came to Dallas and had his overdose. Or when Irvin got arrested for the zillionth time, or when Parcells finally started to go stale here. God, they're so brilliant with their throws.

Looking at the side of the red barn, I'm going to say.. The barn is red. Do I get a point, too?

Irvin was not arrested a zillion times, he was arrested once and was accused another time. I think for the most part the media has been wrong on TO and while TO can be thin skinned at times he is not running the streets getting into trouble. When some in the media predicted Pacman getting in trouble again many around here hollered no way he knows this is his last chance, well we were wrong and they were right. I say "we" because like many of you I thought Pacman had learned his lesson and while I was not thrilled about him coming to Dallas I did think he could help us and stay out of trouble.

CowboyMort

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2442312 said:
A lifetime band?

Adam. Getting a lifetime band and teh posibility of being a rock star isn't a bad jig either. It looks like a win win for Pacman.:)

tunahelper

Reaction score
joseephuss;2442335 said:

Well said.