DMN JJT Blog: I understand why Jerry Jones wants Pacman Jones back

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442376 said:
No doubt that is small change for Jerry and evidently Jerry is willing to do it again with yet another fine when dumb ars screw up once again. I'm sure at that time we will have Pacman defenders once again hollering how mean and unfair Goodell is instead of accepting the fact of how stupid Pacman is. It really is almost too funny, you have members of the media making bets of when it would happen and sure enough they were right.

The same media that has been predicting and betting on a T.O. Meltdown???
media = "Keep throwing crap onto the wall until it sticks"

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cowboyfreak;2442557 said:
The same media that has been predicting and betting on a T.O. Meltdown???
media = "Keep throwing crap onto the wall until it sticks"

I think I posted that the media was wrong on TO.

" I think for the most part the media has been wrong on TO and while TO can be thin skinned at times he is not running the streets getting into trouble. When some in the media predicted Pacman getting in trouble again many around here hollered no way he knows this is his last chance, well we were wrong and they were right. I say "we" because like many of you I thought Pacman had learned his lesson and while I was not thrilled about him coming to Dallas I did think he could help us and stay out of trouble."

On the Pacman deal a bit different when so many of us thought for sure that Pacman given his history and being told this was his last chance had learned from it and many mocked the media when they said Pacman was a sure thing to screw it up.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
C'mon, doncha know Jerry Jones is a risk-taker, man, a risk-taker!!!111!!!!

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442488 said:
Irvin was not arrested a zillion times, he was arrested once and was accused another time. I think for the most part the media has been wrong on TO and while TO can be thin skinned at times he is not running the streets getting into trouble. When some in the media predicted Pacman getting in trouble again many around here hollered no way he knows this is his last chance, well we were wrong and they were right. I say "we" because like many of you I thought Pacman had learned his lesson and while I was not thrilled about him coming to Dallas I did think he could help us and stay out of trouble.

This is the point of debate.

I'm on record as a supporter of this move. Made all the sense in the world given the parameters of the acquisition. Low risk vs any return!

If he had broken a law, or even been detained by the police for an investigation of something he did that might result in charges being filed, I'd be the first one to say, we'll he blew it and deserves what he gets.

What's frustrating is that every single report we had on Adam leading up to this "incident" was positive. Teammates and coaches liked him. Never late, did what he was told and was an all-around solid member of the team.

The "incident" itself seemed so minor.

Verdict

Reaction score
The trade for Pac Man was a fantastic trade. In the end what we gave up for Pac Man was dropping down essentially about one round in the draft over two drafts. We have already gotten that much use out of Pac. The heat on Pac also had one overlooked effect .... the heat on him has taken a lot of heat off of T.O., which, in a year in which he has struggled at times, cannot be overstated. We have received good value in this deal even if Pac crashes and burns immediately again.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understood the Pacman deal, and am on record saying that it's not a risk I would have taken. I think the guy's a mess, and that it's a near-certainty he's out of the league in the next few years, but he sort of bought us time to get our rookies some game experience, and didn't cost us much.

The point about not wanting him back b/c of the likelihood he'll get suspended again is silly, in my book. He's hardly different from a talented player who's injury prone, and the league is full of them. They help you until they can't anymore, and then you replace them with the kind of roster bottom-feeder you'd have had in that position anyway.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2442588 said:
This is the point of debate.

I'm on record as a supporter of this move. Made all the sense in the world given the parameters of the acquisition. Low risk vs any return!

If he had broken a law, or even been detained by the police for an investigation of something he did that might result in charges being filed, I'd be the first one to say, we'll he blew it and deserves what he gets.

What's frustrating is that every single report we had on Adam leading up to this "incident" was positive. Teammates and coaches liked him. Never late, did what he was told and was an all-around solid member of the team.

The "incident" itself seemed so minor.

If he is playing backup fine I would rather let Jenkins and Scandrick with Pacman being the backup. Sorry I don't think taking time away from these 2 players is in the teams best interest. I don't want hear about Pacman needing time because he is rusty due to his suspention, we don't have time for that. Have him return kicks, punts and provide backup

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2442312 said:
A lifetime band?

After all the letters Pacman wrote to Goodell, and as much as they have been in touch, something special has blossomed. Those two crazy kids are getting hitched!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2442474 said:
Whew! As long as we are being pedantic and criticizing others:

I had to read yer response before it dawned on me that you were using headline as a verb and not as a noun.

It's always a good idea to review yer responses -- especially if you are trying to ridicule someone else -- to make sure you, too, are on the grammar and parallel construction wagon.

Theogt didn't use the word incorrectly. "Headline" can be a noun, verb or adjective.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442749 said:
If he is playing backup fine I would rather let Jenkins and Scandrick with Pacman being the backup. Sorry I don't think taking time away from these 2 players is in the teams best interest. I don't want hear about Pacman needing time because he is rusty due to his suspention, we don't have time for that. Have him return kicks, punts and provide backup

Why? Fair catch Crayton actually does a better job.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2442889 said:
Why? Fair catch Crayton actually does a better job.

True enough for all the grief Crayton gets his return yards avg is better than Pacman. I just figure if we are going to bring him back give him a role as a return man. As for CB I'd rather go with players who are long term players like Jenkins and Scandrick.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2442916 said:
True enough for all the grief Crayton gets his return yards avg is better than Pacman. I just figure if we are going to bring him back give him a role as a return man. As for CB I'd rather go with players who are long term players like Jenkins and Scandrick.[/QUOTE]

I would also, at least they aren't having to be supervised and fight their babysitters. Although Jenkins needs to toughen up.