DMN JJT Blog: Stop whining about Romo! It could be much worse

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hoofbite;2476895 said:
None of those guys won a playoff game.

Oh...my mind must be fuzzy! I thought Crankcase did? My bad...

kartr, nevermind, go back to the BattleWings forum (or whatever it's called...is Crankcase even playing football anymore)?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Aven8;2476800 said:
If ever the comparison were more true between Farve and Romo.

We have to take what we get with him.

He's going to make the great play that few other qbs can make.

And he's going to make the bonehead plays.

But we will always be in position to win........I don't want a bus driver, or a manager. I want a qb that says we are going to win this game!

:hammer:

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
ENGCowboy;2476872 said:
Is it just me or is Matt Cassell suddenly involved in a conversation where he doesn't belong?

It's not just you.

I thought the same thing when I saw it.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JJT had to decide between 'Keep Romo?' and 'Fire=Hot' for his article today. I think he made the right choice. What do you guys think?

Givincer

Reaction score
JJT said:
Another faction of you might want to trade him for Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Matt Cassell, but that's as far as the list goes.

Funniest thing I've seen all day.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Givincer;2477008 said:
Funniest thing I've seen all day.

I bet there are at least 10 posters on this board who'd do a trade of Romo for any of those players. Funny-stupid, not funny-ha-ha.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Idgit;2477025 said:
I bet there are at least 10 posters on this board who'd do a trade of Romo for any of those players. Funny-stupid, not funny-ha-ha.

I'm not sure I would trade him for Payton. That's just me though.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
TheCount;2476635 said:
No crap, another amazing analysis from JJT. He had a crappy game, only idiots are saying to get rid of him.

exactly and if you look at those other than Brady and P Manning, they all have flaws and it is likely if they were our QB, we would have a ton of "cut him" threads regarding them.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The Steelers defense makes a lot of QBs look stupid. They are good, it was cold, and they do have an IRON style defense.

CoCo

Reaction score
Why should JJT be getting crap for responding to some amongst the masses who think Romo ain't all that or what he used to be? He didn't say it, THEY did. And there are people in this thread suggesting the same, like the poster who thinks Romo doesn't study like he did before he met his girlfriend.

And he knows this how???

Wow! Just Wow!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2476626 said:
9:48 AM Tue, Dec 09, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

Randall Cunningham. Anthony Wright. Clint Stoerner. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter. Drew Henson. Chad Hutchinson. Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe.

Those were the quarterbacks of the Cowboys between Troy Aikman and Tony Romo. Can we get some perspective? Is Romo perfect? No. Does he have some flaws that he needs to correct? Absolutely.

But he's still among the top quarterbacks in the league whether you want to admit it or not.

Considering his age and ability, go ahead and tell me the quarterbacks you'd trade straight up for Romo? I'll do it for you: Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

That's it.

Another faction of you might want to trade him for Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan and Matt Cassell, but that's as far as the list goes.

Your best bet for Dallas to win a championship is for Romo to continue to mature, learn from his mistakes and improve.

Comments (2) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | E-mail entry

Awsome Mr. JJT........I appreciate this article! ROMO is our best and I appreciate what he has done....he alone has made being a Cowboy fan fun again since Troy retired--period....end of story!! :bow:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2477342 said:
Awsome Mr. JJT........I appreciate this article! ROMO is our best and I appreciate what he has done....he alone has made being a Cowboy fan fun again since Troy retired--period....end of story!! :bow:

I agree. Then again I remember when some felt that Steve Walsh should win the job over Troy Aikman. Fans are not always the best judge of talent. :laugh2:

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2476626 said:
9:48 AM Tue, Dec 09, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips

Randall Cunningham. Anthony Wright. Clint Stoerner. Ryan Leaf. Quincy Carter. Drew Henson. Chad Hutchinson. Vinny Testaverde. Drew Bledsoe.

I had actually forgot Cunningham played for Dallas, seems like a hundred years ago...

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Keep making excuses for this guy when he keeps screwing up. we will continue to win nothing.