DMN JJT Blog: Wade Phillips, Jerry Jones, Tony Romo and T.O. are avid readers

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6:25 PM Sun, Nov 23, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips
Let me tell you something, I never get caught up in whether my subjects read my column.

Maybe, they do. Maybe, they don't.

I don't care in the sense that you can't get caught up with whose reading you otherwise you might not have the gumption to write your convictions for fear of making someone mad.

That said, I was a little surprised that so many in the Cowboys' family had something to say about my little ole column this morning.

Anyway, here's what the particulars had to say. I found it all rather amusing.

Wade Phillips said this in his opening statement after the game: "...The demise of Terrell Owens has been overly exagerrated. I think we can see that he still has it and if we get him the football he can make plays."

Tony Romo had this to say about getting T.O. more involved in the offense: "This morning we were having breakfast and there were some newspapers laying around. One of them had an article that said T.O. wasn't doing any good any more, but you could see he's still got it. He's a fantastic player."

T.O. saw me as he walked into the media room and headed to the podium, "Oh, so I ain't got it no more, huh? I ain't got it?"

I can't figure out if he was grinning or smirking as he said it.

Jerry simply offered to cut me a check, if I can write something else that gets T.O. inspired to have another 200-yard game this season.

Frankly, it's just good to know some of the most important people in the organization read my column. That's a joke people.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2438661 said:
6:25 PM Sun, Nov 23, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Jean-Jacques Taylor E-mail News tips
Let me tell you something, I never get caught up in whether my subjects read my column.

Maybe, they do. Maybe, they don't.

I don't care in the sense that you can't get caught up with whose reading you otherwise you might not have the gumption to write your convictions for fear of making someone mad.

That said, I was a little surprised that so many in the Cowboys' family had something to say about my little ole column this morning.

Anyway, here's what the particulars had to say. I found it all rather amusing.

Wade Phillips said this in his opening statement after the game: "...The demise of Terrell Owens has been overly exagerrated. I think we can see that he still has it and if we get him the football he can make plays."

Tony Romo had this to say about getting T.O. more involved in the offense: "This morning we were having breakfast and there were some newspapers laying around. One of them had an article that said T.O. wasn't doing any good any more, but you could see he's still got it. He's a fantastic player."

T.O. saw me as he walked into the media room and headed to the podium, "Oh, so I ain't got it no more, huh? I ain't got it?"

I can't figure out if he was grinning or smirking as he said it.

Jerry simply offered to cut me a check, if I can write something else that gets T.O. inspired to have another 200-yard game this season.

Frankly, it's just good to know some of the most important people in the organization read my column. That's a joke people.

JJT is the joke.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
OoOOOok Thank you JJT.

Here is something. When you have NOTHING to write about, like you did here, then DON'T WRITE ANYTHING.

Carry on.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
who knows maybe Jerry slipped Taylor a few bucks to write the column to piss the team off, get them to circle the wagons and give Terrell some love.

Pabst

Reaction score
He's even dumber than I thought if he assumed that players didn't read his articles.

JJT, you screwed up, it happens. You and Galloway both have plates of nice hot crow in front of you, and the two of you are avoiding it, actively I might add. Which is just, well, sad.

tunahelper

Reaction score
A fool's attempt to make himself look less foolish.

It didnt work fool!

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JJT appears a little sensitive here...showing his soft underbelly. Sorry for the visual, guys.

goshan

Reaction score
It wasn't a mistake to write the column.
One game doesn't make him wrong.
He had justification for his argument and he hasn't been proven wrong yet.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
goshan;2438827 said:

Shouldn't you be writing tomorrows appology article Mr. Taylor, hmm?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
don't judge a man by who reads his blog, judge him by the content it produces.

BHendri5

Reaction score
goshan;2438827 said:

who has not been proven wrong? JJT?
If that is who you are talking about, then you must be outside your mind(as Denzel said in Titans movie)
He cannot go off anything that has happened before todays game.

JJT is an idiot.

khiladi

Reaction score
The amusing thing is, all those same people could have said that about everybody in the Dallas media, not just JJT...

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I love how in that whole, ego-inflating post, he didn't manage to say, "I blew it when I said T.O. was done." It takes some skill to avoid admitting your mistakes after a bunch of people call you out for being a bafoon.