News: DMN: Machota's top 15 Cowboys Big Board

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
No Bosa and I'd be fine. I've read the 20 glowing reports about motor, run stopper, etc but I just look at him and think..."he will get banged up often and speed/size at next level will leave him having issues." It's gut and trend to me but what can I say, I may be dead wrong.

Aven8

Reaction score
I love it, everybody in football sees Ramsey as a Safety and our brass sees him as a corner! What's wrong with that picture??

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Add on the 5th year option and now he is 26. We have a lot of statistics that say 27 is the peak year for rbs. Right as you give him a nice massive extension the decline begins.

Fun!

Not buying it.... That fits fur lots of players then

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
I love it, everybody in football sees Ramsey as a Safety and our brass sees him as a corner! What's wrong with that picture??

Round hole; square peg.

If it is true Dallas sees him as a corner, then no point taking him at #4 because he is not the best corner in this draft. Draft him as a generational, play-making, blizing; TE-covering, slot WR-covering safety; not as an average CB who would have minimal impact this season.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Round hole; square peg.

If it is true Dallas sees him as a corner, then no point taking him at #4 because he is not the best corner in this draft. Draft him as a generational, play-making, blizing; TE-covering, slot WR-covering safety; not as an average CB who would have minimal impact this season.

Many view him as the best CB in the draft.
http://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/201...len-ramsey-the-best-player-in-the-2016-draft/

He would easily by our best CB and could replace Carr, making him a June 1st cut that would save us 9mil against the cap this year.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Teams have been drafting rbs high for years and that was mostly using rbs solely without rotations. Nowadays rbs are share the field so I believe this 25 and done crap is hogwash.

I didn't say 25 and done.

I said we know RB peak years happen at 27.

This is not speculation.

And that 2nd contract carries right through and past that age 27. That's the problem.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/123542/inside-slant-running-back-cliff-after-age-27

i

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't say 25 and done.

I said we know RB peak years happen at 27.

This is not speculation.

And that 2nd contract carries right through and past that age 27. That's the problem.

does that stat take into effect the fact that we pass ALOT more now & yards through the air are much easier to get with all the new rules that helped the passing game, and finally now that RBs run alot more by committee of course these stats will be a little muddled so see it isnt as simple is throwing up a skewed stat and calling it gospel without throwing in all the facts as well.
How about going back 20 years and tell me what this chart would look like before then.

None of this stops me from drafting Zeke over all the other question marks

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
honestly..... no

where we are positioned at #4, this draft class is highly underwhelming.... its a shame, but it is what it is. the only player that would be a thrill to have from that list is Ezekial but then we would see all the crying about grabbing a RB so high and that he is gonna be crippled in 4 years when he would only be 25 etc....

Honestly, I see a couple at most that I might have to think twice on but for the rest, I believe it'd be a major step forward to have them on our roster. I wouldn't be concerned at all about the bellyaching on this site, though. I think here are some around here that love to nitpick just to be controversial.

Last edited:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Honestly, I see a few at most that I'd be reluctant to welcome with open arms but for most, I think it'd be a major step forward to have them on our roster.

Well lets see:

Bosa: many are saying that he not be a sack master but rather a solid DE. I watched him and thought he played a little slow and lazy off the line. He will get his chances, but when he doesnt he doesnt. do I need to mention his drug history. Only chance he is drafted is if FO feels they have to because of RG and DL being suspended for 4 games. I don't want that to be the reason.

Ramsey: most scouts say he would be fit as a safety and would be a great one at that in the NFL, not so much at CB. Dallas would look to him as a CB

Myles: well no need to mention his injuries. enough said here

Tunsil: great OT. but we dont need one period. too much money spent on oline if we get him so we wont

Paxton Lynch: I actually like this QB but we got no real chance of getting him as #4 is too high and I have a feeling he will be gone by pick 10.

Ezekial: great RB who has all the skillset, and who will be like an extra lineman as he is a very good blocker. Potentially the best player in the entire draft. Would make Romo THAT much better. Make defenses respect both pass and run again

other than this group, everyone else has select talents but there are only a few sure hits compared to most other years. Yeah you might like a bunch of players thats because they are comparable with each other, but no 1st round definite standouts IMO

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Why are you so sure Ramsey is a win? His game tape is highly questionable -- very high ceiling but also a low floor.

His floor is certainly higher than Mo Claiborne or TNew, and his ceiling is simply a impact league changing event.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Taken Bosa and lets do this. Bring some nastiness to this defensive line.

I just watched some game film of Bosa from the 2016 season and i can honestly say that i don't understand why people aren't more excited about this guy. I saw him playing DE, DT, and even dropping into pass coverage. Every hit he put on the opposing player was hard and the opposing player was always going backwards after the hit. His hits were nasty and he was beating a ton of double teams. He knocked two QBs out of the game including the Michigan QB. After the season this guy was graded as the Top pick in the draft by most draft gurus and then everybody let the combine get into their head and all of a sudden his draft stock falls a little. For you guys that see him as a boring pick go watch some of his film. He is a much better athlete than I thought. Put me on the Bosa train. He's the best DE in the draft and may very well be the best player in the draft.

jjktkk

Reaction score

Exactly, and we want Dallas to use the 4th overall pick on him? No thanks.

Reactions: BAT

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well lets see:

Bosa: many are saying that he not be a sack master but rather a solid DE. I watched him and thought he played a little slow and lazy off the line. He will get his chances, but when he doesnt he doesnt. do I need to mention his drug history. Only chance he is drafted is if FO feels they have to because of RG and DL being suspended for 4 games. I don't want that to be the reason.

Ramsey: most scouts say he would be fit as a safety and would be a great one at that in the NFL, not so much at CB. Dallas would look to him as a CB

Myles: well no need to mention his injuries. enough said here

Tunsil: great OT. but we dont need one period. too much money spent on oline if we get him so we wont

Paxton Lynch: I actually like this QB but we got no real chance of getting him as #4 is too high and I have a feeling he will be gone by pick 10.

Ezekial: great RB who has all the skillset, and who will be like an extra lineman as he is a very good blocker. Potentially the best player in the entire draft. Would make Romo THAT much better. Make defenses respect both pass and run again

other than this group, everyone else has select talents but there are only a few sure hits compared to most other years. Yeah you might like a bunch of players thats because they are comparable with each other, but no 1st round definite standouts IMO

So you don't think we'd be a better team to add all of them and discard those they're better than? Myles, I'd have reservations about. The rest, not at all.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Easier to get an elite DT than DE this year's draft, so give me Rankins at 4.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So you don't think we'd be a better team to add all of them and discard those they're better than? Myles, I'd have reservations about. The rest, not at all.

that isnt what I said, we are talking two different points. Because I don't think this years draft has alot of for sure playmakers like many years do have, doesn't mean there wont be good ones or even better than what we have. So I think it is best to stay at 4 and pick one of the few for sure picks or like you say just be happy with whomever you pick.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I really hate the idea of drafting Ramsey and wasting him on corner.

Even the worst head coach has infinitely more knowledge than I do, but I can't for the life of me understand why everyone is so insistent that CB is more important than safety.