WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phil Simms: Cowboys should fear Bengals
12:07 PM Thu, Oct 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Sunday's Bengals-Cowboys game belongs to CBS. So despite the presence of the winless Bengals, CBS is sending its top broadcast team _ Jim Nantz and Phil Simms _ to Texas Stadium.

I called Simms this morning to chat about the game for Saturday's Hot Air column. In the course of the conversation, I asked if he really thinks the Bengals have a chance.

He does.

"Because they haven't won a game it would scare me," Simms said. "They are desperate. They are embarrassed. I hated to play winless teams. Most win sooner or later. And everybody wants a piece of the Cowboys. The Bengals laid it on the line against the Cowboys and came close. Carson Palmer can will a team to win...

"No team can remain emotionally involved for 16 games. There are four or five games a season a team is not emotionally involved. Will the Cowboys be emotionally involved against the Bengals? My answer would be 'no,'"

Cowboys don't need Phil Simms' advice

12:59 PM Thu, Oct 02, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

If the Cowboys lose Sunday, it won't be because of a lack of respect for the Cincinnati Bengals. The Cowboys are well aware that the winless Bengals almost beat the defending Super Bowl champions a couple weeks ago, taking the Giants to overtime.

"We are not going to take them lightly," Tony Romo said. "They almost beat the Super Bowl champs. To take a team lightly like that, you will walk in and you will get beat."

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
This might have been true if we'd won last week. But how could we take any team lightly coming off a loss that has everyone in town telling them how much they suck?

Nexx

Reaction score
i hope we phear them, play with urgency not complacently.

Route 66

Reaction score
I think everyone here just needs to boycott the media and simply watch football for awhile.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I like Romo's response. I don't think they will take the Bengals litely...

:bengals:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
yeah it's going to be on CBS and unfortunately that means Simms commentating. Now he isn't the worst, there are guys I like far less, but I don't like to have him calling games I'm watching, if I can avoid it.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2303742 said:
This might have been true if we'd won last week. But how could we take any team lightly coming off a loss that has everyone in town telling them how much they suck?
Yeah, Our loss last Sunday doomed the Bengals.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
"Carson can will a team to win?"

Was he not willing Weeks 1-3?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2303742 said:

This game should be a blowout, but considering how iffy the defense is, it probably wont be.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
windward;2304445 said:
"Carson can will a team to win?"

Was he not willing Weeks 1-3?

they should have beaten the Giants, he got creamed all game because of bad pass protection, but he had a damn good game. He definitely wasnt the reason they lost (Zimmer was)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dbair1967;2304708 said:
they should have beaten the Giants, he got creamed all game because of bad pass protection, but he had a damn good game. He definitely wasnt the reason they lost (Zimmer was)
So he can't "will" them to victory after all.