DMN Media Blog: Worldwide leader TKOs T.O.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Worldwide leader TKOs T.O.

7:35 AM Tue, Sep 30, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

I'll say this about ESPN's Monday Night [strike]Beatdown[/strike] Countdown: The jury sure doesn't like Terrell Owens. In the wake of T.O.'s supposed latest gripping about being under-utilized against the Commanders, the ESPN jury finds him guilty of everything but Monday's stock market dive.

Emmitt Smth: "T.O. just needs to be quiet and just play football and make the plays when the opportunities come his way."

Cris Carter: "I'm not certified to be able diagnose him and the state of his mind and everything. But I am certified to know a good route runner when I see one. If you're gonna play in the slot and you're gonna be a big receiver, there's things you need to know and he is not effective playing in the slot."

Tom Jackson:

Tom Jackson: "It happened to Jeff Garcia in San Francisco, It happened to Donovan McNabb in Philly. He's just started with Tony Romo last night. It's gonna get worse. And I wanna know who's gonna step in because Romo is gonna need somebody to step in. I don't think he will listen to the head coach or the coordinator. So I think that Jerry Jones, the guy who gave him the money is the only guy who can save this football team from what's in their future."

Mike Ditka: "Just tell the kid to shut up and play."

Keyshawn Johnson with tape of several plays rolling: "Lazy route...No separation at all by Terrell Owens...Double move. I wouldn't bite on that and I don't even play DB.".

khiladi

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2298613 said:
Keyshawn Johnson with tape of several plays rolling: "Lazy route...No separation at all by Terrell Owens...Double move. I wouldn't bite on that and I don't even play DB.".

KJ is the last person to be talking about getting separation from a DB... KJ is still mad that TO called him out....

Boysboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2298613 said:
In the wake of T.O.'s supposed latest gripping about being under-utilized against the Commanders, the ESPN jury finds him guilty of everything but Monday's stock market dive.

I mentioned this in another thread-but is it just me, or does anyone else find it off how the media is making a big deal out of this in the SAME week we're going through an economic crisis?

Personally-nothing's a coincidence in this world.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
They were just waiting for an opportunity to bash. They were chomping at the bit.

Aven8

Reaction score
Yeah TO sucks! I guess when he was piling up all those yds and becoming 2nd in touchdowns he was running bad routes, etc.

These guys are a joke...Meshawn was slower than Flozell.

And as Emmitt always says, "Hooked on Ebonics worked for me!!"

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Boysboy;2298624 said:
I mentioned this in another thread-but is it just me, or does anyone else find it off how the media is making a big deal out of this in the SAME week we're going through an economic crisis?

:huh:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I hate Key as much as the next sensible person, but I saw with my own eyes during the game that T.O. seemed to be jogging his routes, some of them were pretty sloppy.

That being said, I could care less what they have to say. T.O. SHOULD have kept his mouth shut, regardless of what the question was or how it was posed, because he KNOWS what's going to happen with that soundbite in the media.

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
And as Emmitt always says, "Hooked on Ebonics worked for me!!"[/quote]

not sure exactly what that means...but it sounds funny.....:D

Boysboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2298676 said:

What I was SUGGESTING that maybe, just MAYBE this whole this whole supposedly TO-mess is used as a distraction/smokescreen. I'm also a conspiracy theorist, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt. But at the same time, I don't find it a coincidence-it seems like more people are keyed in on this soap opera brewing rather than the current crisis at hand.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Boysboy;2298690 said:
What I was SUGGESTING that maybe, just MAYBE this whole this whole supposedly TO-mess is used as a distraction/smokescreen. I'm also a conspiracy theorist, so you can take what I say with a grain of salt. But at the same time, I don't find it a coincidence-it seems like more people are keyed in on this soap opera brewing rather than the current crisis at hand.

TO is a good diversion for a Financial crisis?

Uh, what............ no.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2298690 said:

the budget crisis isn't going to be forgotten because TO is pouting

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that Keyshawn thinks he has any room, or right, to tell another player about how they're a bad teammate, or selfish, for saying he wants the ball more.

I mean it's not like Key ever came out with a book telling his team to give him the ball or anything.

Idiot.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2298713 said:
the budget crisis isn't going to be forgotten because TO is pouting
Nor was it caused by TO pouting.

Boysboy, that's one of the most lame conspiracy theory I have ever read.

Srsly, give it up. TO was wrong and now he's deservedly getting some heat for his comments.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2298716 said:
I find it hilarious that Keyshawn thinks he has any room, or right, to tell another player about how they're a bad teammate, or selfish, for saying he wants the ball more.

I mean it's not like Key ever came out with a book telling his team to give him the ball or anything.

Idiot.
Not only that but when he first came to Tampa Bay and the infamous not showing up to mini-camp feud with Warren Sapp. Sapp called him out on it.

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Boysboy;2298624 said:

It's just you. Trust me on that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Entertainment
Sports
Programming
Network

Entertainment is the key word in any Terrell Owens/ESPN discussion.

1. ESPN will 'create' news out of nothing.
2. ESPN will literally go into a feeding frenzy if it is given anything whatsoever to comment about.

ESPN will use a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g, no matter how miniscule, to entertain its viewers. That's a fact.

ESPN will never stop talking about Owens because Owens placed the spotlight on himself as a 49er and as an Eagle well-before he ever signed with Dallas. Never, as in the literal sense. If Owens doesn't speak another single word to the media from this day forward, ESPN will still talk about Owens. It's done. It's unchangeable. People can gripe about how fair or unfair it may be 24/7, it's going to happen. Years after Owens has retired, they will still talk about him and probably in a negative way. If Owens was 65, had a camera pushed in his face and he simply grunted, ESPN would run with it for a week or more. The headline would probably read: Owens still disgruntled 25 years later.

Owens made himself a publicity magnet which is perfect for an entertainment only network like ESPN for life. Regardless of how anyone feels, that's just the way it is and the way it shall be. No one controls ESPN and griping will always have zero effect. It's how they attract viewers. It's how they validate the cost of their advertising to their advertisers. Quite frankly, it's all about money and Owens, guilty or not, will forever be one of their most sacred cows to sacrifice upon the altar of television ratings.

So, what CAN be done to deflect or minimize negative commentary from a media source like ESPN?

Simple.

Give them as little as possible to USE.

Now... in the case of Terrell Owens... what can he and/or the Dallas Cowboys organization realistically do to accomplish exactly that? If anyone can answer that question, you'll have, at the very least, a partial solution to halting ESPN's 'crusade' against Owens. If not, nothing (zip! nada! zlitch!) changes.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Keshawns and Cris's comments weren't so bad, they only had me rolling my eyes when they claimed that they would've caught all 18 passes, and won the game.