News: DMN: NFC East Offseason Grades: How do Cowboys stack up against Giants, Eagles and Commanders?

Daillest88

Reaction score
I hate the Skins.

them picking up norman gave them the better grade. Corners who have big years and switch teams usually don't have the same impact as they did with there previous team. He will help them tho. the Cedric pickup is an underrated signing

VACowboy

Reaction score
them picking up norman gave them the better grade. Corners who have big years and switch teams usually don't have the same impact as they did with there previous team. He will help them tho. the Cedric pickup is an underrated signing

I'd hate them just as much if they had a crappy offseason. I just have to say it once in a while. :D

Far as Norman, I think his successful translation to a new team and a new scheme isn't guaranteed. He'll be better than what they had, I agree, but that's not saying much. The question is, will he be worth the money they paid him? I predict not.

I think the NYG's offseason is being generally underrated.

Philly gave up a ton to get a QB and put themselves in a boom or bust situation. I like Wentz as a player. Don't know him personally at all. But here's hoping he flops in the City of Brotherly Delusion.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
I'd hate them just as much if they had a crappy offseason. I just have to say it once in a while. :D

Far as Norman, I think his successful translation to a new team and a new scheme isn't guaranteed. He'll be better than what they had, I agree, but that's not saying much. The question is, will he be worth the money they paid him? I predict not.

I think the NYG's offseason is being generally underrated.

Philly gave up a ton to get a QB and put themselves in a boom or bust situation. I like Wentz as a player. Don't know him personally at all. But here's hoping he flops in the City of Brotherly Delusion.

Carolina has a great front 7. Skins not so much. Norman can cover but for how long? Skins front 7 is not so good. I think he can play. And am looking forward to the Dez matchup.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Carolina has a great front 7. Skins not so much. Norman can cover but for how long? Skins front 7 is not so good. I think he can play. And am looking forward to the Dez matchup.

Agree about Carolina's front seven, and there's no arguing Norman can play, but I think without a great pass rush in front of him, his status as an All Pro caliber corner remains unproven. Washington has already given him All Pro money. I think it's possible they will regret it.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
Agree about Carolina's front seven, and there's no arguing Norman can play, but I think without a great pass rush in front of him, his status as an All Pro caliber corner remains unproven. Washington has already given him All Pro money. I think it's possible they will regret it.

That is the beauty of the deal and how the team can get out of it after 2 years.

The key thing is the cover 3 zone scheme run in DC is very similar to what the Panthers ran.

Knock on wood that Junior Galette is healthy and back to pre injury form (50/50 at best), Kerrigan starts the year healthy and Preston Smith improves on his 8 sacks from his rookie year

DBOY3141

Reaction score
It's been discussed at lengths, but Smith is a risk pick because of injury but the 'Skins had a solid draft with Fuller as a pick. Even though he is coming off microfracture surgery and their president (Bruce Allen) has even said, they don't know how much/if at all he can contribute in 2016.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
That is the beauty of the deal and how the team can get out of it after 2 years

You can get out, but it's still expensive.

Norman’s true guarantee is $36.5 million -- if the Commanders pick up his option then it jumps to $50 million. And because of the cap hit if they cut him instead of picking up the guarantee, it would be tough for him not to reach that number.

Note: His base salary is guaranteed for injury only at signing. It becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the league year in 2018, which means the Commanders could cut him before then. However, if they do so, they would only save $8 million against the cap -- but the savings would jump to $14 million if designated post-June 1. He receives a roster bonus of $31,250 up to $500,000.

SkinsHokieFan

Reaction score
You can get out, but it's still expensive.

Eh, considering the way the cap has been rising, I am not particularly concerned

Critical core guys are signed through the end of the decade (with exception to Cousins who still has a bit to prove) and GMSM thus far is drafting well.