News: DMN: NFL analyst ranks league's top 10 rosters: Did Cowboys make the list?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Always these are fodder for debate. I think NYG are a talented team esp since they have addressed their secondary. They have lost something up front though and I still suspect their OL.

The East will still be a slugfest this year. No one is going to be a pushover. Can we win in Dallas this year?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Top ten roster. I've been told repeatedly, by a very unrealiable source on here, that there's no way a very good team "competes for the top pick in the draft".
Yet, here's another paid professional saying we are a very strong team.

Let's see, should I go with a nobody internet know it all or paid pros to help me make my judgement about how good we will be?

Hardline

Reaction score
Top ten roster. I've been told repeatedly, by a very unrealiable source on here, that there's no way a very good team "competes for the top pick in the draft".

Let's see, should I go with a nobody internet know it all or paid pros to help me make my judgement about how good we will be?

Don't go with anyone's opinion how good "we" will be. Opinions don't win and lose games.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I've learned my lesson. Going into 2014 I thought we were going to suck.. 12-4 . Going into 2015 I thought deep run in the playoffs.. 4-12. Who knows this year.

perrykemp

Reaction score
We've had a talented roster for the last ten years, hasn't gotten us anywhere.

In the NFL coaching matters as much as roster.

Cowboys have good talent, however, it's hard to argue the coaching has been anything more than average (at best).

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
In the NFL coaching matters as much as roster.

Cowboys have good talent, however, it's hard to argue the coaching has been anything more than average (at best).

Good point as well.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
we were 4 and 12 last year so I'm going to adjust my expectations expect the normal and if they do better then it will be great normal around here is pretty much average or 8 and 8.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What, NE & GB didn't make his list...well then, that just debunks the entire article. Patriot & Packer fans should be in an uproar. This deflates the entire inetregitry of the NFL as well as GB should call for a review and get Blandino to overturn the listing.

Man what is journalism coming to.

Someone once told me, to get what you want, expect nothing....so should we not expect a SB this year?

visionary

Reaction score

Are these the same "pros" you and others on CZ have been saying are clueless because they say jerry is a bad GM and Garrett is not a good HC and this team has been underachieving for years under Garrett?

Those same "pros"?

Just curious

perrykemp

Reaction score
What, NE & GB didn't make his list...well then, that just debunks the entire article. Patriot & Packer fans should be in an uproar. This deflates the entire inetregitry of the NFL as well as GB should call for a review and get Blandino to overturn the listing.

Man what is journalism coming to.

Someone once told me, to get what you want, expect nothing....so should we not expect a SB this year?

Does NE and GB have top 10 rosters? I'm not so sure.

What they do have, however, is the NFL's golden trifecta of Good to great GMs, HCs, and QBs.

If you can achieve that golden trifecta, you can get to playoffs year after year with mediocre talent.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does NE and GB have top 10 rosters? I'm not so sure.

What they do have, however, is the NFL's golden trifecta of Good to great GMs, HCs, and QBs.

If you can achieve that golden trifecta, you can get to playoffs year after year with mediocre talent.

It was in jest, as usually they are included in top 5 of every list imaginable. As long as the list is on the good side.
Top 10 teams with the players with the best hair...I'm sure they would somehow find a way to skew it. LOL.

But coaching and QB play yes has a lot to do with winning. GM in it's own way, but I wouldn't put it up there as a huge reason. The GM can bring in players, but if not used or coached the right way, then what good are they. LOL.

Most of the time it is all things aligning the right way. Being talented can help that a lot though. If we have the talent, which we have been hearing this for what, 12 years now. Then why aren't we winning more, other than the years of injury depleted rosters.

I am more pro Garrett than against him, but he really needs to step up this year, as well as his coaching staff. I still say we need better positional coaches under Jason, Rod and Scott.
We need better in game adjustments.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Are these the same "pros" you and others on CZ have been saying are clueless because they say jerry is a bad GM and Garrett is not a good HC and this team has been underachieving for years under Garrett?

Those same "pros"?

Just curious

Show me where I've said anything remotely close to that.
For that matter anything about anyone's opinion of Jerry or Garrett.