DMN on Watkins

Hailmary

Reaction score
I hope Mr. Davis likes playing ST, because that's how he'll be earning his pay for the remainder of the season.

And I realize that Watkins' has a long ways to go before he can be called a proven player, but I'm already thinking of trade possibilities for Davis. Could we get a 4th for him? Who needs a safety? Wasn't N.O. interested in Davis this past offseason?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Pat Watkins started and had 5 tackles... Detroit's second round pick (40th Overall) Daniel Bullocks didn't play in the first game...

DID DETROIT GOOF AGAIN?!?!?!?!?

:bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2:

:D

superpunk

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Pat Watkins started and had 5 tackles... Detroit's second round pick (40th Overall) Daniel Bullocks didn't play in the first game...

DID DETROIT GOOF AGAIN?!?!?!?!?

Michael Huff - 2 solo tackles, 1 AST.

pwnage.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hailmary said:
I hope Mr. Davis likes playing ST, because that's how he'll be earning his pay for the remainder of the season.

And I realize that Watkins' has a long ways to go before he can be called a proven player, but I'm already thinking of trade possibilities for Davis. Could we get a 4th for him? Who needs a safety? Wasn't N.O. interested in Davis this past offseason?

Be careful you don't trade too much depth. I love the fact that Watkins is starting but teams still need depth behind the starters.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
superpunk said:
Michael Huff - 2 solo tackles, 1 AST.

pwnage.

How many times did I see him become road kill by an offensive linemen pulling?
:lmao2:

Hailmary

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Be careful you don't trade too much depth. I love the fact that Watkins is starting but teams still need depth behind the starters.

I realize this, but if Watkins' is the real deal and Elam continues to develop, I think we should explore the idea of getting something back for Davis while we still can.

But all this will depend on how the rookies develop.

And wasn't BP supposed to experiment w/ either Reeves or Jones at the safety spot? What happened there?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hailmary said:
I realize this, but if Watkins' is the real deal and Elam continues to develop, I think we should explore the idea of getting something back for Davis while we still can.

But all this will depend on how the rookies develop.

And wasn't BP supposed to experiment w/ either Reeves or Jones at the safety spot? What happened there?

Elam backup Roy at strong safety and have not heard anything about Reeves or Jones playing safety. While getting extra draft picks may be great going though an entire season with lack of depth can really end up hurting you. I don't think we will see Dallas trading Davis this season.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Hey summer, that Watlkins kid reminds me of Michael Downs..........LOL.

Didn't see him much during that game, which is probably a good thing. Gee, we were also horrible in the 4th quarter, when they say Watkins went out.....coincendence?? Interesting.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Elam backup Roy at strong safety and have not heard anything about Reeves or Jones playing safety. While getting extra draft picks may be great going though an entire season with lack of depth can really end up hurting you. I don't think we will see Dallas trading Davis this season.

I think Elam has the speed to cover enough ground to play FS and hit hard enough to play SS.

And I do see your point about having a experienced backup, especially when you will be relying on unproven rookies. But the thing about Davis is that I think he has reached his ceiling already and that there won't be too big of a drop off if Elam had to step in for a few games.

I do agree w/ you that Davis will not likely be traded even if the rooks step up, only because you rarely see player movement once the season has started.

proline

Reaction score
Watkins' one mental error was almost a huge one, however. He got mixed up on his assignment on the play where Ferguson tipped the pass. It was Watkins' guy who was wide open and would have had an easy TD.

I also recall seeing a play where the WR was covered by Newman (I think...), and Watkins came over to help. If Watkins had gone for the ball I think he could have tipped it away or maybe had an INT, but instead he made the more conservative play and put a good hit on the receiver.

Both of these issues are OK for a rookie, and he should learn from them and improve in the future. Overall, I like this kid a lot and think he had a pretty solid game.

I look for him to be sensational in his second year.