DMN: Photos of the neglect of Texas Stadium

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
I see that big blue concrete star and think, what if you built a hot tub just like it. hmmm

calico

Reaction score
1fisher;2870742 said:
hate to see that happening :(

i feel the same. as much as Texas stadium aged and became a dump, part of me will miss the place.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I agree with another poster, that hallowed place deserves better. very sad to see this.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2870857 said:
I want that big blue star. Probably weighs 1000 pounds.

Anyone got a jack hammer?
I sure do. You pay my fare out there and back and I'll help ya get it.

This hurts my heart a little.

calico

Reaction score
Chief;2870913 said:
I can't believe Jerry hasn't already sold it in small pieces.

I actually took a brick from my favorite old restaurant that closed down years ago. It was a place where my parents and brothers and sister and I went to celebrate our birthdays and other special events for many years

If I could, I would find a way to have a piece of Texas Stadium.

he is. Bags of concrete from behind the cowboys bench go for $10 and they are selling wood tiles from the locker room.

Kristi

I Rue Everything
Reaction score
:( :( :(

That makes me sad. I absolutely loved Texas Stadium. I remember the first time I went and did the whole stadium tour (minus the locker rooms due to Desperados practicing -- I said I wouldn't mind going in with them ;)) and didn't get to go on the middle Star for the same reason. Front row end zone seats to the Texans, Patriots, and the Eagles. I so wanted to see the Giants and the Commanders there.

Texas Stadium deserves better. If you guys go down and get stuff -- I wouldn't mind a piece of it. If I lived closer I would let you use my truck.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Are they going to implode old Texas Stadium? What's the city of Irving's plans?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Fletch;2871127 said:
Are they going to implode old Texas Stadium? What's the city of Irving's plans?

I believe they're going to implode it and build some high-end apartments and shops there.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I'm excited for the new stadium, terribly excited, but I can't stop a nostalgic smile from creeping across my face when I think about Texas Stadium.

It's like getting rid of your first car.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Only been to TS a couple times, and I honestly gotta tell ya, I don't see a significant difference between these photos and the last time I was there in 2006.

rynochop

Reaction score
Ozzu;2871143 said:
I believe they're going to implode it and build some high-end apartments and shops there.

Unless things have changed, TXDOT was going to use it as a staging area for road construction. Store vehicles, equiptment and stuff.

It is sad looking at it in that condition. lol at the person sd it looked like that the last game they went to...c'mon it wasnt that bad. ha

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
rynochop;2871297 said:
Unless things have changed, TXDOT was going to use it as a staging area for road construction. Store vehicles, equiptment and stuff.

It is sad looking at it in that condition. lol at the person sd it looked like that the last game they went to...c'mon it wasnt that bad. ha
Both of you are correct.

They're going to use it as a staging area for road construction until the economy turns and they can redevelop the area as a mixed-use environment.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2871190 said:
Only been to TS a couple times, and I honestly gotta tell ya, I don't see a significant difference between these photos and the last time I was there in 2006.

:laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That last picture..."THANKS FOR COMING"....I wonder if CrazyCowboy painted and donated that sign to TX Stadium?

:confused:

Lots of memories for me in that place...