DMN: Rick Gosselin's 2nd Mock Draft

Pokes28

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Find a pre-combine mock draft from last year that had Ware going as early as we took him. I could be wrong, but his situation was very similiar to Lawson's.

You are VERY correct. However, with the NC State players and the ACC conference as a whole, Lawson had been seen by a gazillion scouts prior to the combine and nobody had him as a first round pick. Mel Kiper had Ware as a borderline first rounder during the college football season. Yes Ware climbed the boards, but that could be more a matter of not being fully scouted at little bitty Troy.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
You are VERY correct. However, with the NC State players and the ACC conference as a whole, Lawson had been seen by a gazillion scouts prior to the combine and nobody had him as a first round pick. Mel Kiper had Ware as a borderline first rounder during the college football season. Yes Ware climbed the boards, but that could be more a matter of not being fully scouted at little bitty Troy.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Lawson wasn't considered a first rounder till after his workouts. Hell, there's still some that think he won't/shouldn't be a first rounder.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
CowboysNumeroUno said:
He thinks we pass on Justice?

I don't blame him, we haven't taken an Olineman in the 1st since 1983, and Jerry said no Olineman in the 1st this year

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I don't blame him, we haven't taken an Olineman in the 1st since 1983, and Jerry said no Olineman in the 1st this year

Dunnn dun dun dun

Dunnn dun dun dun DUNNNNN!!!

That means we'll be drafting Justice if he's available. :D

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'm for it

Same here.

Right now I have 4 players I'd be happy with at the 18 spot. Justice, Carpenter, Wimbley, and Lawson. Anyone else at that spot (unless it's an unexpected faller) would probably p*** me off.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rack said:
Anyone else at that spot (unless it's an unexpected faller) would probably p*** me off.

Santonio HOlmes :banghead: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

I'm glad the likelihood of that happening is 1 in a million

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeah I hate that so many people think Holmes and Jackson are worth the 18th pick just cuz they happen to be the best WR's in THIS draft. They might be, but that doesn't mean they're worthy of top 20 picks. I wouldn't draft either of them in the first round.

fishspill

Reaction score
I want one of 3 things with the round one pick: a player that rushes the passer, a player that prevents the rush from getting to my passer or a falling talent well above the level of our pick.

That said I'd be all-in for Justice. And I wouldn't necessarily shy away from going OL again in round 2 or 3.

Lawson wouldn't bother me. I think all NC St. players are helped by the perception the coaching staff there isn't highly regarded (at least I've heard mention of that). The players' talents aren't assumed to be shown completely as the staff doesn't develop them technically as well as other top programs. Texas had the same knock against them until they hauled off and won a title so it may just be a poor perception.

So in conclusion: OL, pass rusher or catalytic faller. I'm not too complex.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
fishspill said:
I want one of 3 things with the round one pick: a player that rushes the passer, a player that prevents the rush from getting to my passer or a falling talent well above the level of our pick.

That said I'd be all-in for Justice. And I wouldn't necessarily shy away from going OL again in round 2 or 3.

Lawson wouldn't bother me. I think all NC St. players are helped by the perception the coaching staff there isn't highly regarded (at least I've heard mention of that). The players' talents aren't assumed to be shown completely as the staff doesn't develop them technically as well as other top programs. Texas had the same knock against them until they hauled off and won a title so it may just be a poor perception.

So in conclusion: OL, pass rusher or catalytic faller. I'm not too complex.

I guess I fall in this category myself. I just want them to take the value at the position of need. No reaching.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Dallas can't pass on Justice if he's there at #18. the problem is - he won't be. i don't buy all this "OLB at #18" talk. not for a second.

Dallas will address their weakest unit early. the offensive line.

i smell trade-down.