News: DMN: Scruggs: The last thing Jerry Jones needs to do is trade the fourth pick for value

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Newy Scruggs, sports anchor at NBC5 in Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS-TV), recently held a chat. Here are some highlights.
Which QB prospect would you take to help the Cowboys if they used their No. 4 to solve that?

Sruggs: I'm a big fan of Jared Goff from Cal. I watched him since his freshman year at Cal. The kid can sling it. He didn't play with a big time roster of NFL guys at Cal, but man, if he was there at four, Jerry Jones can not pass on him.

If Jerry Jones is the business man I think he is, he'll trade out of that No. 4 spot to get some value. Is that how you see this playing out?

Scruggs: The last thing Jerry Jones needs to do is trade that #4 pick for "value". Stay at 4 and take a QB. Tony Romo won't play forever. Take a guy and develop him. They had no plan for life after Troy Aikman so Jerry Jones hit the panic button and over-drafted Quincy Carter. This time, the Cowboys can do this right like the Packers did with Aaron Rodgers and the Oilers/Titans did with Steve McNair.

Click here to enjoy the entire chat.

Continue reading...

Hell yea!!!

If Goff is on the board at 4, I break dance to the podium to hand the card to the commish.:laugh:

Sydla

Reaction score
No, that's exactly what Jones should do. They should get the maximum value from that 4th pick............ either that's taking a QB because he's the BPA on their board, or another player who is the BPA on their board or trading it because someone handed us a windfall.

Like for example, if some dumb team offered us a mid first rounder this year, their 2nd rounder, and then their next year's first rounder, I'd trade that pick in a heartbeat.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Give me Wentz or a trade down.

The "quality" at the top of this draft is meh.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I don't get the love for Goff, he looks weaker than the other two top rated QBs and doesn't have accuracy or the effortless release, I think Wentz is a slightly better prospect and Paxton Lynch way better in the long run.

From his film the holes Goff places the ball won't be there in the Pros, he put balls in spots that close quickly on the next level and if he tries to run the ball he's going to end up hurt just like Romo.

This is the NFL and Paxton Lynch fits the mold. Big, tall, accurate and effortless, throws a pro pass on a rope.

Last edited: