News: DMN: Sturm: Cowboys Morning After - It Is All About Those Quarterbacks - Again

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Every year Jerry does a preseason game in booth for a series or two....every year he promotes something, every year.

Sooner or later people will get over it.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
He's captured my feeling as well. Feels like Dak may be just around the corner from starting. Praying for an injury free season for tony

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
But, if everything was fine, please explain the grimaces that were caught on camera 30 minutes later and the fact that Tony Romo was not even on the sideline after halftime. Everything is not fine. That is the same thing that has seemed abundantly clear now since Week 16 in 2013, frankly.

Then he goes on to have the highest passer rating in the league in '14.

Just goes to show you, it's something that cannot be predicted. He could just as easily play all 16 as he could miss all 16.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I just hope Romo can stay healthy and be productive for 2 plus years. If you need to move on sooner, you need to do it if he cannot stay healthy.

Although just like Dirk, Romo really deserves to get the monkey off his back and bring a title to Dallas. It would change the perception of his career tenfold with the national media.

I just wish Dallas would have been a tad more aggressive in free agency on defense this offseason. Not the huge contract players but this defense just doesn't appear capable of winning a defensive struggle that you typically need to win at least once in the playoffs. I hope I am wrong.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
By the way, Aaron Rodgers hasn't played at all this preseason. Neither has Tom Brady. Or Ben Roethlisberger. It's not unusual for a veteran starting QB to not play much in the preseason.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Awesome read. Spot on with the Romo issue. Just a matter of time. Ready or not, looks like Dak will be starting sooner rather than later as we hoped. But it is what it is.

Verdict

Reaction score
Not all hits are created equal. A hard hit in one body area may cause soreness, in another a serious injury that will cause injury but will adequately heal and in another, be career ending. The type of hit Romo had last night was a bad type of hit. We got lucky there. But the same thing could have happened to any NFL QB and the potential for catastrophic injury would have been the same.

Reaction score
Nice write-up, though I would argue that the pile driving of Romo's spine was a fluke and his surviving it is encouraging. The defense is still rebuilding and Romo may not have a playoff quality defense before he retires, so it's easy to daydream about future seasons with Zeke and Dak,,, but I'm not giving up on Romo or this defense yet.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baghdad Bob is right.

Dak will drive this team to 500 or better. Maybe a division, depending on how bad it is
Next year he gets us to the championship

Year after we're home

Western

Reaction score
Prescott performed well.
No turnovers, converted a few 3rd downs, was accurate, & executed both the 2:00 minute drill and the Red Zone offense effectively.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Would have been nice to read something about the actual game in there. Unusual for Bob to talk about zero plays that happened in his morning after article.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Yeah Dak seems to be the guy that will be driving this ship sooner rather than later. I feel bad for Tony.