News: DMN: Sturm: Cowboys Morning After - It Is All About Those Quarterbacks - Again

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Then he goes on to have the highest passer rating in the league in '14.

Just goes to show you, it's something that cannot be predicted. He could just as easily play all 16 as he could miss all 16.

I think both playing 16 and missing 16 are as equally unlikely.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not all hits are created equal. A hard hit in one body area may cause soreness, in another a serious injury that will cause injury but will adequately heal and in another, be career ending. The type of hit Romo had last night was a bad type of hit. We got lucky there. But the same thing could have happened to any NFL QB and the potential for catastrophic injury would have been the same.

And the next time this happens you will be saying the same thing?

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Would have been nice to read something about the actual game in there. Unusual for Bob to talk about zero plays that happened in his morning after article.
Yeah, I don't need to read an article telling me what I can obviously see. Romo is iffy, we have known this for a couple of years.

But Sturm is one of my favorite columnist.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Every year Jerry does a preseason game in booth for a series or two....every year he promotes something, every year.

Sooner or later people will get over it.
The purpose of that pregame and booth appearance was to promote the fight. Did you know, in Mexico, more people watch boxing than soccer? Because a kick is not as good as a punch when the drug cartel is at the door. And isn't it just like Booger to try and sell the game based on the looks of one of the boxers? At least he wasn't talking about how he looked in the shower.

I do like the pregame where he sits on one side of Spagnola and whoever in the hell that other guy is on the other side, bookend bubbas. But the real kick is watching all the other people when Booger is speaking. That's the entertainment. Do you ever get the feeling they'd like to break into faces like Chevy Chase did on SNL when Jane Curtain was speaking?

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I think both playing 16 and missing 16 are as equally unlikely.

The truth will lie somewhere in the middle. When I saw Romo go down, I immediately thought "the Dak era has begun".

Ironically, I was OK with it. I haven't jumped on the Dak bandwagon yet but one has to admit it doesn't seem as bleak as it once did.

kevm3

Reaction score
I hope they don't end up neutering Prescott by having him play safe. That throw to Witten was fine. I'd hate for him to be managed into a safe thrower.

Aven8

Reaction score
I just watched the play again where Romo got hurt. I think he bailed out too quickly. The LB was blitzing but Zeke took him out. Maybe he should trust his RB next time.

kramskoi

Reaction score
The truth will lie somewhere in the middle. When I saw Romo go down, I immediately thought "the Dak era has begun".

Ironically, I was OK with it. I haven't jumped on the Dak bandwagon yet but one has to admit it doesn't seem as bleak as it once did.
Yep...preseason football ain't regular or playoff season football. The young lad has performed better than hoped but he has much to prove. The back wasn't the issue last year anyway. Hopefully Romo will bounce back, because he is the only chance the current team has of delivering a championship. I think Prescott would need a top 3, top 5 defense (like Newton in Carolina) to have any chance...even if he is the second coming of Russell Wilson. That type of defense does not reside in Dallas at present.

visionary

Reaction score
By the way, Aaron Rodgers hasn't played at all this preseason. Neither has Tom Brady. Or Ben Roethlisberger. It's not unusual for a veteran starting QB to not play much in the preseason.

Are they also 36, have 2 back surgeries and 2 clavicular surgeries and miss most of last season due to injury?

I guess I missed that part :rolleyes:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Are they also 36, have 2 back surgeries and 2 clavicular surgeries and miss most of last season due to injury?

I guess I missed that part :rolleyes:

Nope, apparently their coaching staffs think it is stupid to expose them to unnecessary hits...and several of them have been injury prone too.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
This is an absolute lock, truth

For some QBs the refs flag the outcome of the play and not the absolute mechanics of the play. Then the TV folks will chime in and say what a vicious play it was and move on.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
According to Jerry....Romo still has 4 or 5 more years. Nothing to see here:rolleyes: