News: DMN: TCU's Josh Doctson puts his body control on display at the NFL combine, turning heads in...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He's amazing we've been scouting this guy his whole career . Perfect #2 after williams contract is done.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
As a TCU fan, I've been watching Doctson. This kid is going to be a Pro Bowler in a few years. You won't hear me gush about to many college athletes before they enter the Pros, but he is one of them.

reddyuta

Reaction score
One of my pet cats,one of the best deep ball catchers i have seen in college.I dont think we will use him to his strength but i still like him at 34.

Hardline

Reaction score
The guy simply comes up with the ball no matter how tight he is covered. I am going to miss seeing him in the purple on Saturdays.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I think barring someone stealing him from us, he's a very real Rd 2 option even at 34. One of those "what are they doing?" or "what a reach" picks that turns out to be incredibly solid.

RS12

Reaction score
He's amazing we've been scouting this guy his whole career . Perfect #2 after williams contract is done.

He'd be the number two now. What about Williams impressed you after Dez went down? Exactly.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
He'd be the number two now. What about Williams impressed you after Dez went down? Exactly.

Lots of good options for us to improve the WR position - Doctson, Fuller, Miller.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Except I think Doctson has the look of a 1 or 1A. The other guys not as much.

Miller would be more of a long developer. Fuller is like Odell Beckham - he can take the top off the defense and has better hands than Williams.

Doctson is a guy I hope we take. Depending how the draft falls, I'd select him at 34.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think barring someone stealing him from us, he's a very real Rd 2 option even at 34. One of those "what are they doing?" or "what a reach" picks that turns out to be incredibly solid.

I wouldnt consider it a reach at all, may even be value. He had been talked up before as a potential late 1st. Could easily move into the first after the combine

cnuball21

Reaction score
Hard to imagine this kid won't be on our radar. Texas kid who may wind up being the best WR in the draft when it's all said and done. Great combination of length and speed with outstanding body control. Beef him up a little bit and he can be a #1 in the NFL.