News: DMN: The five best Dallas Cowboys CBs of all time, ranked: Is Prime Time No. 1 or is it one of...

Plankton

Reaction score
Having Green and Renfro on the list is correct, but it should be noted that Renfro played safety for the first six years of his career, and the last eight, he was a corner. Green, on the other hand, was a cornerback for the first eight years of his career, and a safety for the last five.

For 3 1/2 years, Deion Sanders played the best as a cornerback in a Cowboy uniform. Once he hurt his big toe in 1998, he wasn't nearly the same player. I could see people rating Renfro higher due to his longevity as a player, and more specifically, as a Cowboy.

My list?
  1. Mel Renfro
  2. Deion Sanders
  3. Cornell Green
  4. Everson Walls
  5. Terence Newman
Kevin Smith was a top flight player for the 1993-94 seasons, but didn't start the first 10 games of 1992, was injured in 1995, and then was a much lesser player. Herb Adderley brought leadership and a winning attitude to Dallas, but was not as effective in Dallas as he was in Green Bay.

Throughout their history, the Cowboys have had a lot of problems at the cornerback position. They have very rarely had two good starting corners at the same time. In the 60's, they were rotating guys in and out all the time across from Green (guys like Otto Brown, Dick Daniels, Warren Livingston and Mike Johnson). The 70's weren't much better - opposite Renfro, you had Adderley, Mark Washington, Charlie Waters, Benny Barnes, and then when Renfro was at the end and ultimately retired, Aaron Kyle, Steve Wilson and Aaron Mitchell. In the 80's, they had stability with Walls and Ron Fellows, but those guys gave up a ton of big plays despite the interception totals.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Yes sir you are dead on with that statement it was blatant PI

The worst part was that coach Switzer was penalized for arguing the call. So Irvin was mugged and we were penalized.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember watching walls as a rookie he got beat like a drum on a regular basis I stated he'd never make a cornerback on this team.
Awesome evaluation on my part aye?