News: DMN: Tony Dungy reflects on the 1998 Vikings, a 15-1 team with their own Prescott vs

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder how long it will be after Tony comes in that we start talking about how bad this defense is?
That will be based on points allowed. Much of it will depend on if Tony starts throwing pics. The lack of them so far is forcing other teams into longer drives.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The 1998 Vikings were a damn good team that should of never lost to the falcons.

Football and soccer are probably the only sports where the better team doesn't always win. Any given Sunday doesn't apply to best out of seven series where the best team wins 100% of the time.

2007 the Giants were better? We play them 7 times we win 5/7 times.

visionary

Reaction score
That will be based on points allowed. Much of it will depend on if Tony starts throwing pics. The lack of them so far is forcing other teams into longer drives.

It is not just picks, it is sustaining drives, it is third downs, it is the opposing defense having to account for Dak in the run game, it is him moving out of the pocket after play action

And you can't say how well the defense is playing based on points allowed because they may be allowing those points because they are on the field more and may be tired

There are a lot of factors

At this point you have to ride the hot hand until he clearly falters and then you count yourself lucky that you have someone like Tony waiting

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will be after Tony comes in that we start talking about how bad this defense is?

If you don't think that Dak is a big reason why this defense is playing well then youre not watching the games I am

I was talking the past. Romo hasn't played this year ergo he hasn't had any defense help or hurt him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
That doesn't explain the offense comment, or maybe I'm just missing it.

We haven't scored near 30PPG enough of the time Romo was here although I know we did a few times. The defense has been much worse than the offense. That's not a knock on Romo.