News: DMN: Unbeaten Eagles are the NFC East favorites heading into Week 4; where are the Cowboys?

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Always like to see the eagles hopes get real high like an eagle soaring and then watch there hopes and dreams crash to the ground with a resounding thud. lol

But Wentz does look good hahahaha

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Always like to see the eagles hopes get real high like an eagle soaring and then watch there hopes and dreams crash to the ground with a resounding thud. lol

But Wentz does look good hahahaha
Forget Wentz, have you seen their defense? The Eagles defense are not giving up TDs, matter of fact even Tebow could lead that team to victory.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
This ranking and the way the Eagles are playing at this time is an indictment of Chip Kelly and his talent evaluation. Much of the defensive personal is the same. They got rid of two Kelly signings (Maxwell and Alonzo) who didn't do crap there. Defensive coordinator Billy Davis is gone. Why Kelly, supposedly a great football mind, didn't use a 4-3 when he had 4-3 personnel on defense is baffling. The biggest difference in their defense is, IMO, the coach, Jim Schwartz. He took some excellent talent and installed a system that allows the players to play to their strengths. Guys like Cox, Logan, Curry, and Graham are aggressive, strong, quick players who need to hit the point of attack and make plays. Malcolm Jenkins is Pro Bowl worthy at safety. That middle linebacker, Hicks, is their version of Lee.

I'm looking forward to playing them. I'd love for our Boys to be the team to hang 30 on them and send them home crying in their cheesesteaks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The season will play itself out. Notice how the Commanders are always Super Bowl-favorites based on the off-season and preseason. And ... then ... they ... play ... the ... games.

Still a whole lot of season left.

If everyone stays healthy, we're equipped as a team and as an offensive scheme to have success down the stretch in the cold months.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The season will play itself out. Notice how the Commanders are always Super Bowl-favorites based on the off-season and preseason. And ... then ... they ... play ... the ... games.

Still a whole lot of season left.

If everyone stays healthy, we're equipped as a team and as an offensive scheme to have success down the stretch in the cold months.

Fan post.

A team without a defense is not equipped to win down the stretch. Cmon. Let's talk honestly.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I cant stand the eagles but right now they have the best defense in the division.

There's no denying it. Any fan with enough football knowledge to know good defense they see it should admit to that. It's a downright revolting development, if you ask me . . . :mad:

If the Cowboys' organization fails to concentrate upon fortifying their defense in the 2017 draft, they should be publicly flogged (or something.)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's no denying it. Any fan with enough football knowledge to know good defense they see it should admit to that. It's a downright revolting development, if you ask me . . . :mad:

If the Cowboys' organization fails to concentrate upon fortifying their defense in the 2017 draft, they should be publicly flogged (or something.)

Yes. Let's ignore half the prospects in the draft and force feed picks for need.

You're a coffee runner that week.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes. Let's ignore half the prospects in the draft and force feed picks for need.

You're a coffee runner that week.

No real need to take it to extremes here, is there? Force feeding isn't good for any organization -- the Cowboys included. Ignoring defensive needs isn't something to be continued, though is it? Of course not. Have a cup of coffee on me and think about it. ;)

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No real need to take it to extremes here, is there? Force feeding isn't good for any organization -- the Cowboys included. Ignoring defensive needs isn't something to be continued, though is it? Of course not.

The Cowboys had 9 picks in last year's draft. 5 of the 9 were on defense including 3 of the first 4 picks. Those 5 picks consisted of a DE, DT, LB, CB and S.

They ignored nothing.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys had 9 picks in last year's draft. 5 of the 9 were on defense including 3 of the first 4 picks. Those 5 picks consisted of a DE, DT, LB, CB and S.

They ignored nothing.

You certainly couldn't tell that judging by the results of the past several years, though. There's no denying that our defensive talent is wanting. Our earliest picks should rightfully go to defense if the elite talent there is available. If not, then go for the best talent wherever it lies. Waiting 'til the later rounds for a DE wouldn't be advisable, though, if getting something resembling a pass rush is to be had.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You certainly couldn't tell that judging by the results of the past several years, though. There's no denying that our defensive talent is wanting. Our earliest picks should rightfully go to defense if the elite talent there is available. If not, then go for the best talent wherever it lies. Waiting 'til the later rounds for a DE wouldn't be advisable, though, if getting something resembling a pass rush is to be had.

You're moving all around to try to find a good point. You said they need to concentrate on defense in the draft. A bad strategy for any team. You concentrate on all the prospects in order to increase your chances of getting the best value. Then you said they ignored defense and I showed you they didn't. Now you're saying the results aren't there. Yeah, obviously they're not but it has nothing to do with a lack of concentration or ignoring defense in the draft.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
You're moving all around to try to find a good point. You said they need to concentrate on defense in the draft. A bad strategy for any team. You concentrate on all the prospects in order to increase your chances of getting the best value. Then you said they ignored defense and I showed you they didn't. Now you're saying the results aren't there. Yeah, obviously they're not but it has nothing to do with a lack of concentration or ignoring defense in the draft.

I never suggested ignoring the offense to force feed the defense. No need to make it sound as such. There's no denying the defense should be fortified. That's all I'm saying, nothing more.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never suggested ignoring the offense to force feed the defense. No need to make it sound as such. There's no denying the defense should be fortified. That's all I'm saying, nothing more.

You haven't brought up a single thing to support your idea the defense hasn't been "concentrated" and has been ignored.

So what exactly are you saying? That we should draft as we did last year?