News: DMN: Why WR Devin Street may be hard-pressed to secure spot on Cowboys' final roster for...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought this guy was going to be one of those crafty guys who lacked speed but compensated by being technically good at everything and a reliable target for QBs. But he really has missed a lot of opportunities and really hasn't developed much the last two years. Disappointing.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
File in the "This comes as a surprise to no one" cabinet.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
He's definitely on the outside looking in. Short of injury, I don't see how he makes it. Maybe for some reason they keep 6 receivers, and it still might be too much for him to make it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He's definitely on the outside looking in. Short of injury, I don't see how he makes it. Maybe for some reason they keep 6 receivers, and it still might be too much for him to make it.

I heard he is very good at bringing Taco Bell for the WR meetings.

Maybe that's enough along with his 8 career catches?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This is why I roll my eyes when people have Lucky on the bubble.

Dez
Beasley
Lucky
Butler
TWill

and a whole lot of nothing.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Thought this guy was going to be one of those crafty guys who lacked speed but compensated by being technically good at everything and a reliable target for QBs. But he really has missed a lot of opportunities and really hasn't developed much the last two years. Disappointing.

Seriously. I can't believe he's contributed so little to this team. I could even get behind him a little bit if he was a special teams contributor, but he's given us nothing to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaiser

Reaction score
I haven't written Street off, he could still have the light go on and contribute next year. Its also an entirely different world catching passes from Tony Romo than from guys like Cassel.

But sentences like this in the article annoy me:

Street might be hard-pressed to secure a final roster spot in his third season with the Cowboys unless he can put together a strong training camp.

That kind of like saying "Water might be hard pressed to remain a liquid below 32 degree Fahrenheit".

gmoney112

Reaction score
This is why I roll my eyes when people have Lucky on the bubble.

Dez
Beasley
Lucky
Butler
TWill

and a whole lot of nothing.

Isn't there an UDFA guy that's been pretty good in minicamps?

Seems like WR is one of those positions where guys can surprise just by being able to run a decent route and sell it reasonably well.

But yeah, Street is pretty bad