Do Endzone Seats/Corner Seats Suck?

zagnut

Reaction score
I'm looking to go to them Detroit game and getting tickets through stubhub.com. Most of the available seats are in the back of the endzone or in the corners for around $50 to $80 bucks. There are a few seats at around the 20-30 yard line for $165. Looking lower level only.

Anyone have any insights on seats in the endzone or corners?

They seem like they would be bad, but maybe they're just as good as the ones at the 20. Maybe there's a hidden charm (besides price). Advice?

Thanks.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
its a noon game....sections 15 thru 21 will be in the sun for pretty much the
entire game, forecast for the 20th is sunny and about 71 degrees.
shouldnt be too hot but wear sunglasses and a hat or the sun will drive you
crazy.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
sorry i didnt actually answer your question.
end zone and corner seats are okay especially if the action is at your end of the field. the seats at the other end, like sections 4 thru 34 are in the shade,
and thats where the cowboys go thru their pre game warmups. both teams
enter the field from that end also. cowboys around section 34, the bad guys
around section 4. hope this helps.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Corner seats are OK I think. I would not want endzone seats. And I would go with upper level in those areas. Much better view. When you get too low, it can be hard to see the action. Especially in the corner/endzone. I've gone to about 4 game in the corner (close to facing directly down the goaline) upper level and the view is pretty good overall. It would be much more limited on the lower level. Thankfully my next game (vs. KC) I will be on the 50 yd line, so I don't have to worry about my view. Also, I just sold a pair of tickets to the Detroit game on ebay. Upper level corner. Only got $61 for the pair, was very disappointed.

zagnut

Reaction score
poke said:
sorry i didnt actually answer your question.
end zone and corner seats are okay especially if the action is at your end of the field. the seats at the other end, like sections 4 thru 34 are in the shade,
and thats where the cowboys go thru their pre game warmups. both teams
enter the field from that end also. cowboys around section 34, the bad guys
around section 4. hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch Poke! Great info. Your other post about the weather and how the sun comes into Texas Stadium was also much needed. I wasn't even thinking about that. I'd hate to be shielding my eyes for half the game.

zagnut

Reaction score
ChldsPlay said:
Corner seats are OK I think. I would not want endzone seats. And I would go with upper level in those areas. Much better view. When you get too low, it can be hard to see the action. Especially in the corner/endzone. I've gone to about 4 game in the corner (close to facing directly down the goaline) upper level and the view is pretty good overall. It would be much more limited on the lower level. Thankfully my next game (vs. KC) I will be on the 50 yd line, so I don't have to worry about my view. Also, I just sold a pair of tickets to the Detroit game on ebay. Upper level corner. Only got $61 for the pair, was very disappointed.

Thanks ChldsPlay! I was going to try a get as close to the field as possible but your post was very helpful. Most of the available seats are in the corners and endzones, so this was great.

and wow, 50 yarders. Pretty sweet.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
No problem. Here is a link to a picture I took at last year's Thanksgiving Day game. It's in the corner uppder deck. Go down the the lower level and the angle to the field changes a ton. Lower Level is great when the action is pretty close to you, but when they're on the other side of the field it pretty much sucks.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v365/trakarate/whataview.jpg (It looks bigger in person).