Do Parcells lead teams have "leaders" or "good soldiers"?

wileedog

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2518794 said:
Ratliff > Ferguson.

On the field, maybe. Although that was him getting pushed aside like a ragdoll on that 2nd TD Saturday.

We're talking about the locker room. About a team with a clear void in veteran leadership. Ratliff the 6th round pick doesn't have the skins on the wall to be that guy (yet).

Sparano may have been a big loss it certainly seems that way however, if we win on Sunday we're in the playoffs. We can still make a run at the superbowl. Losing Glenn isn't a lose because we wanted to see what our young guys can do and we got younger by acquiring RW and we can move forward. We have a very talented and very young team with a lot of upset. Rex Ryan made Jason Garrett look stupid....

Again, you are talking talent. You are looking at this exactly like Jerry Jones does - Player A is faster than Player B, therefore I would rather have Player A. The problem is Player A is a stat-hog or a late night partier or does the bare minimum he needs to to get by in camp (which isn't very much with this coach) and that sets the tone for the lesser players who really DO need to do much more.

Everyone talked about this team all summer as a sure SB contender. Now we may barely sneak in to a wildcard because we got completely lucky and you want to count that as forward progress?

still some of the growing pains that we're going to be forced to go through.
Whatever the outcome of this season, my guess is if the team remains on the current course with the current coaching staff and most important the current GM making ALL of the decisions, this team will regress even further next year.

My opinion, hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the right people in the right places here to fix what ails this team.

wileedog

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2518808 said:
You love is unrequited. Jerry wanted Parcells to stay, but he QUIT.

He quit coaching, and rightfully so.

He LEFT DALLAS because he knew the GM spot he wanted would never be open here.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
It's not so much as to who is the leader in the lockerroom, but who is the leader in the coaches' meeting?

Does Wade go up to Garrett and slap him upside the head and say "We're winning this game with a power running game, field position and time of possession. So you better go in the film room and cook up some running plays besides the freaking draw play from the shotgun over and over or I'm replacing you"? Please, Wade doesn't have the power or the personality.

And you wonder why the players are in disarray? There's no direction from the top down to the identity of the team. You take the Dolphins ... a team with 5-11 talent that could go 11-5 because they all buy into a team philosophy. A team that knows who they are, who they aren't, and a coaching staff who every week provides them clear and concise guidelines as to what they need to do every week to win a football game. And if people are too butthurt to give Parcells any credit for what he's doing in Miami, you could look at the Titans and see the same thing.

It seems like Garrett's best philosophy is just let Romo try to rack up 35 points a game and 330 yards by slinging it down field, and if we're playing a great defense like Baltimore or Pitt's that won't allow us to do that .. I dunno, just wing it I guess and hope some miracle comes through. If they're just going to shoot it out every week, then Wade just needs to buy into that's the identity of the team and do what he can to play into the identity ... like going for it on 4th down.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
On the field, maybe. Although that was him getting pushed aside like a ragdoll on that 2nd TD Saturday.

We're talking about the locker room. About a team with a clear void in veteran leadership. Ratliff the 6th round pick doesn't have the skins on the wall to be that guy (yet).

Ferguson was providing veteran leadership? Honestly, I hated the circus BP caused bringing back a lot of his former players....
Again, you are talking talent. You are looking at this exactly like Jerry Jones does - Player A is faster than Player B, therefore I would rather have Player B. The problem is Player B is a stat-hog or a late night partier or does the bare minimum he needs to to get by in camp (which isn't very much with this coach) and that sets the tone for the lesser players who really DO need to do much more.

Can you give me an example of where our players don't give it 100% in camp? Wade doesn't allow them to hit....which is why it was called camp marshmallow however, a couple of players said this was there hardest camp ever.

Everyone talked about this team all summer as a sure SB contender. Now we may barely sneak in to a wildcard because we got completely lucky and you want to count that as forward progress?

I don't remember in superbowl hype when BP was here. Yes it's progress, it doesn't how we get into the playoffs. Once we get in we can make a good run at the superbowl. Let's not forget the devastating injuries we've had all season...
Whatever the outcome of this season, my guess is if the team remains on the current course with the current coaching staff and most important the current GM making ALL of the decisions, this team will regress even further next year.

My opinion, hope I'm wrong, but I don't see the right people in the right places here to fix what ails this team.

I don't think this "regression" as you call it is because of JJ. He doesn't call the plays nor can he prevent injuries. I think the injuries are a major part of our recording coupled with Stewart calling the defense and Garrett failing as an OC and the ST coach being simply terrible.

wileedog

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2518865 said:
Ferguson was providing veteran leadership? Honestly, I hated the circus BP caused bringing back a lot of his former players....
What circus? The only place it caused any kind of circus was here from people who were still pissed off we hired an ex-Giant coach. It provided a lot of stability for a roster that was being gutted.

Can you give me an example of where our players don't give it 100% in camp? Wade doesn't allow them to hit....which is why it was called camp marshmallow however, a couple of players said this was there hardest camp ever.
TO riding a bike for several weeks ring any bells?

And some players had their "hardest camp ever" when there was no hitting go on? Please.

I don't remember in superbowl hype when BP was here.
He inherited a perennial 5-11 team. He was here 4 years. The team that was 13-3 was largely his talent and coaching staff.

I think the injuries are a major part of our recording coupled with Stewart calling the defense and Garrett failing as an OC and the ST coach being simply terrible.

Who hired Stewart? WHo in fact turned away Dom Capers, because "Stewart wasn't comfortable?" Who paid $3M to Garret and let Sparano go? Who kept Reed? Who is STILL keeping Reed, despite some of the worst ST play in the league? Who hired the HC who waited until an utterly embarrassing loss against the Rams, and even then had to be pushed into getting "more involved" with the defense over the aforementioned Stewart?

And you want to talk circuses? Who brought in TO? Who brought in Pac Man? Who has created a situation where the HC is a perceived lame duck even though the Annointed $3M Heir is having a terrible year? Who took away the discipline a young team and young, errant QB needed to take the next steps forward? Who lets someone like Greg Ellis go over his coaches head and lobby for more playing time or a change in his role, and get it?

zeromaster

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2518741 said:
There aren't any consequences of his departure this team has nothing to do with him anymore.
The results speak for themselves.

Coaching changes, personnel changes. You can hang your hat on the lack of postseason success, but that's about it.

And for a "who cares about Parcells", you are certainly irritated at some of the people that even mention his name. So in a sense, you do care, enough to comment on it.
:lmao2: