Do people really believe there is a better option than Dak this year?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the quarterback takes up 20% of you Salary Cap, you don't think that will effect the amount of talent that surrounds him?

So what do you do if you’re the Chiefs? Mahomes is going to be commanding at the very least 40M per season. His contract is going to take up a nice chunk of their cap so would you allow him to walk and go look for a cheaper option to try and keep your team together?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There was nothing negative about my post. Hell, there is more negativity in your post regarding the coaching staff than me pointing out the team seemed afraid of pulling the trigger and spending some of the cap space to bring in talent to help the team instead of relying on the same guys who haven’t been able to get the job done yet. We need more talent. No use having great CAP numbers if we aren’t ever going to bring in some free agents to try and push us to the top.
I tried.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Yes I watched the games. I believe we would be more successful if we had better talent, which was available. Do you think the Cowboys talent was as good as it possibly could have been?

You make it sound like the Cowboys have had this years cap space every year when last season was the FIRST season since the cap started the Cowboys had just a little wiggle room, nothing like what they have this year. Since the very first year the cap started the Cowboys had been in cap hell because of first the contracts that were signed prior to the cap and had to be released and then year after year until just a couple of years ago they had to renegotiate contracts putting money that turned into dead money on the cap and this continued until just a couple of years ago when Stephen decided that this vicious cycle has to stop. So get off this if the Cowboys got better talent when there was NO cap space to do that.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You make it sound like the Cowboys have had this years cap space every year when last season was the FIRST season since the cap started the Cowboys had just a little wiggle room, nothing like what they have this year. Since the very first year the cap started the Cowboys had been in cap hell because of first the contracts that were signed prior to the cap and had to be released and then year after year until just a couple of years ago they had to renegotiate contracts putting money that turned into dead money on the cap and this continued until just a couple of years ago when Stephen decided that this vicious cycle has to stop. So get off this if the Cowboys got better talent when there was NO cap space to do that.
They had space and chose not to use it. If that makes you happy then celebrate the cap championship.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You can quit trying. I don’t care you’re intolerant to every opinion that you don’t share. You can’t handle differences of opinions because you are childish. You claim you hate negatively but you are negative yourself. You just feel your negativity is justified. You need to get off your high horse and just share your opinions. It is Ok for people to disagree.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You can quit trying. I don’t care you’re intolerant to every opinion that you don’t share. You can’t handle differences of opinions because you are childish. You claim you hate negatively but you are negative yourself. You just feel your negativity is justified. You need to get off your high horse and just share your opinions. It is Ok for people to disagree.

OK you have this delusion that prior to this season the Cowboys had so much cap space that they could have gone out and sign the free agents you think they could have, so you go back and see what the cap space was and what free agents you think they should have signed for what they actually signed for with whatever team signed them and then get back to me with how many millions you ended up over the cap space.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
OK you have this delusion that prior to this season the Cowboys had so much cap space that they could have gone out sign the free agents you think they could have, so you go back and see what the cap space was and what free agents you think they should have signed for what they actually signed for with whatever team signed them and then get back to me with how many millions you ended up over the cap space.
Your comprehension skills are extremely poor. It is hard to have a conversation with someone who just talks out of their ***. What someone says and what you interpret are often way off base and it happens frequently.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
They had space and chose not to use it. If that makes you happy then celebrate the cap championship.

Sorry I hit reply on the wrong comment the first time.

OK you have this delusion that prior to this season the Cowboys had so much cap space that they could have gone out and sign the free agents you think they could have, so you go back and see what the cap space was and what free agents you think they should have signed for what they actually signed for with whatever team signed them and then get back to me with how many millions you ended up over the cap space.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sorry I hit reply on the wrong comment the first time.

The delusion is in your head misinterpreting what you think I feel. Try sticking to what I said and quit trying to twist it into something you incorrectly think I mean.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Your comprehension skills are extremely poor. It is hard to have a conversation with someone who just talks out of their ***. What someone says and what you interpret are often way off base and it happens frequently.

I see that's your way of saying that either you won't do that because you finally see that prior to this year the Cowboys didn't have cap room to go out free agent bidding or you would rather just try to put it on me for what you can't prove.

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
I would offer Dak 3 years at 100 million fully Guaranteed with the chance to make big money after 3 years still in his prime. If he declines, Franchise tag him and lets see what happens. If he can't get us to the Big Game in 3 years then we can start fresh because the team will need rebuilt or a whole different team.

Or maybe 4 years at 140 million with 100 guaranteed and the 4th year a team option at 40 million.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I see that's your way of saying that either you won't do that because you finally see that prior to this year the Cowboys didn't have cap room to go out free agent bidding or you would rather just try to put it on me for what you can't prove.
I know what our cap situation has been. We were in good shape. We needed to use it while we had a cheap QB to try and make a run. We had an opportunity last year to acquire some more talent that would have helped the team. You believe cap space was more important. I believe getting talent was more important. It’s OK to have a different of opinion, man. Why does it upset you guys if we don’t all share the same opinion?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And here you are yet again playing the idiot role.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The delusion is in your head misinterpreting what you think I feel. Try sticking to what I said and quit trying to twist it into something you incorrectly think I mean.

Well than correct me that you haven't been saying that Cowboys should have been out in the bidding wars for free agents because the players they chose to sign were/are so much worse than what they would have gotten in the free agent bidding wars with cap space they didn't have. Please tell me those players they signed that weren't as good as the players you think they should have gotten for the actual salaries they ended up signing for. Instead of keep trying to put it back on me enlighten us with all these players.that would have been so much better that could have been gotten for what the Cowboys paid the few players of their own that they wanted to keep. You kept saying that it was possible so now prove it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well than correct me that you haven't been saying that Cowboys should have been out in the bidding wars for free agents because the players they chose to sign were/are so much worse than what they would have gotten in the free agent bidding wars with cap space they didn't have. Please tell me those players they signed that weren't as good as the players you think they should have gotten for the actual salaries they ended up signing for. Instead of keep trying to put it back on me enlighten us with all these players.that would have been so much better that could have been gotten for what the Cowboys paid the few players of their own that they wanted to keep. You kept saying that it was possible so now prove it.
I do believe we should have made more of an effort to acquire free agents. There were plenty of safeties, even on the cheap. I would have even wanted Earl Thomas, even if we over paid. Suh was available. I would have liked him as another example.

Maybe those player would have helped, maybe they wouldn’t have. We already know not bringing them in didn’t help us win anything, right? We still lost. Can we at least agree on that?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I know what our cap situation has been. We were in good shape. We needed to use it while we had a cheap QB to try and make a run. We had an opportunity last year to acquire some more talent that would have helped the team. You believe cap space was more important. I believe getting talent was more important. It’s OK to have a different of opinion, man. Why does it upset you guys if we don’t all share the same opinion?

This season the Cowboys have 73 mil, in 2019 they only had 17.7 mil, in 2018 they only had 11.2 mil, in 2016 they only had 10.3 mil and 2015 they only had 7.7 mil. So tell all of us again how the Cowboys in previous years could have gone out and gotten into the free agent bidding wars.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This season the Cowboys have 73 mil, in 2019 they only had 17.7 mil, in 2018 they only had 11.2 mil, in 2016 they only had 10.3 mil and 2015 they only had 7.7 mil. So tell all of us again how the Cowboys in previous years could have gone out and gotten into the free agent bidding wars.
They could restructure contracts man. Jeez. You’re not new to this are you?

you didn’t answer my question though.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I do believe we should have made more of an effort to acquire free agents. There were plenty of safeties, even on the cheap. I would have even wanted Earl Thomas, even if we over paid. Suh was available. I would have liked him as another example.

Maybe those player would have helped, maybe they wouldn’t have. We already know not bringing them in didn’t help us win anything, right? We still lost. Can we at least agree on that?

I'm beginning to see more on how your mind works. You fault the Cowboys because they chose not to get into a bidding war for Thomas who leading up to his free agency hadn't played an entire season the three previous seasons because of injuries.and chose instead to resign the player that led the team in sacks instead. You have this idea that it's just so black and white that if you don't win the Super Bowl that the ONLY reason is a lack of talent. So did the 49ers lose the Super Bowl because they just didn't have the talent or was it possibly what plays might have been called or the type of defense they chose to use on any given play. According to you it has to be so black and white because of lack of talent. Come back when you wake up and see that the NFL isn't as black and white as you think it is. Here's a thought for you. Contrary to your thought of talent only how is it that there have been wildcard teams to win the Super Bowl. Was it because they had more talent then the division winners and if so why didn't THEY then win their division?

Grenic

Reaction score
So what do you do if you’re the Chiefs? Mahomes is going to be commanding at the very least 40M per season. His contract is going to take up a nice chunk of their cap so would you allow him to walk and go look for a cheaper option to try and keep your team together?
Can't compare the two. Mahomes is 1000x the QB Dak or will ever be. He makes others better, Dak needs others to make him better