Do the 49ers run the same defense we ran?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing I noticed, with a 21 point lead, later in the game, they kept coming after AR. No prevent crap.

The reason GB got the late scores was not garbage time, they hit on 2, 60 plus yard passes where the DB's got beat. They tried again, but Sherman was there to pick it off.

817Gill

Reaction score
A lot of y’all are missing the mark though I did see one poster mention the wide 9. The niners basically copied the Seahawks scheme for the first part of Saleh’s tenure as DC. This season especially, they married a bunch of elite talent with a scheme adjustment and it merged beautifully.

https://www.ninersnation.com/platfo...e-stopped-using-the-seahawks-defensive-scheme

They run versions of the Seattle cover 3 defense we run, but unlike us their front and back ends complement eachother schematically. Also they vary their schemes a lot more than us (we rarely do). They use other coverages and mix it up to confuse the QB. The niners are a perfect example, offensively and defensively, of a team that merged its talent and scheme to perfection.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
It looks like it to me. Why is there's so much better? My guess is all of their guys tackle better and have way better awareness.
Richard Shermans old and slow. he was slow as a rookie, but he has ball skills and intelligence. We have two Corners that are faster and more athletic, so why arent they as good?

1 answer. Coaching.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
All 3 of their running back averaged over 5 yards per carry this season.

Kyle Shanahan has taken his Dad's scheme which had one thousand yard back after another and tweaked some of the blocking principles with great success. Atlanta hasn't run the ball nearly as well since he left, either.

ICP

Reaction score
Who cares, I hate that stupid scummy Homer fan base and their team

Redline360

Reaction score
What happens when a dline dominates and causes havoc on mostly every down. Opens up the LBs and rest of secondary can ball hawk

They also show tons of different cover schemes. We just run the same generic **** over and over.

Reactions: ICP

ICP

Reaction score
What happens when a dline dominates and causes havoc on mostly every down. Opens up the LBs and rest of secondary can ball hawk

They also show tons of different cover schemes. We just run the same generic **** over and over.
:hammer: